Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help with Go-Bowen Chinese 36V 500W ATV..No Go.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Go-Bowen Chinese 36V 500W ATV..No Go.

I have a Go-Bowen 36V electric ATV that I just bought for my daughter for Christmas. Right out of the box it had trouble going, when you rotate the throttle sometimes it would go sometimes it wouldn't. Now all of a sudden she was riding it and it just quit. It will not go anymore not even in reverse. The lights come on on the throttle and the headlights work. I am getting 36 volts on my meter right out of the battery case, but only about 5 volts where it goes into the motor. I have checked all the connections and everything is good and tight and no breaks. I even changed the key switch, still nothing.I was thinking maybe its the transformer under the seat..maybe? Does anyone have any ideas...PLEASE!!!

Old 02-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by virgamanda
I have a Go-Bowen 36V electric ATV that I just bought for my daughter for Christmas. Right out of the box it had trouble going, when you rotate the throttle sometimes it would go sometimes it wouldn't. Now all of a sudden she was riding it and it just quit. It will not go anymore not even in reverse. The lights come on on the throttle and the headlights work. I am getting 36 volts on my meter right out of the battery case, but only about 5 volts where it goes into the motor. I have checked all the connections and everything is good and tight and no breaks. I even changed the key switch, still nothing.I was thinking maybe its the transformer under the seat..maybe? Does anyone have any ideas...PLEASE!!!
Yes same thing with us! Bought it for my son for Christmas and its getting power but doesn't kick over. I have a 500 dollar piece of crap in my living room. It was his big Christmas gift and couldn't even ride it. My husband thinks its the control box however they cant send us one because they DONT HAVE ANY! Have to wait until they talk to China so in the mean time it sits while my sons stares at it. So upset!

Old 02-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help

same here ...there is power but wont go..what could be problem???

Old 02-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Have you unplugged the motor and checked at the speed controller? Also check at the throttle wires at the bars. Check it for OHMS and make sure they are increasing as you twist the throttle. The bar controller is probably a rheostat type controller with a little bar running across little wires. They tend to get a bad spot in them or get dirty causing this issue. Usually contact cleaner will clean them right up and good to go again