Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Suzuki LT-A50 advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki LT-A50 advice.

Hello all. I purchased this lil booger from a gentleman knowing it had been sitting for a while, I figured Id start with a basic tune up. I didnt make it far before realizing this thing needs major attention. The carb and petcock are wasted (see pic). [IMG][/IMG] I purchased a new carb from ebay that im sure is not an original mikuni which brings me to my first question. What are good starting points for the carb adjustments? I would have counted in reverse on the old carb but they are frozen. I also noticed a BAD leak coming from around the oil tank and where it goes into the engine. The piece you see in the pic is surely not factory and has some kind of black silicone under the left Phillips screw. Ive read in other posts that the banjo fittings leak and im sure this was engineered to keep the bolt from backing out but judging by the amount of oil it didnt work (i wiped most off before taking the pic. Any ideas on how to stop the leak. I am considering bypassing the oil injection but have yet to find clear directions on how to do so. One post on this site was straight forward but threw me off when they said "dont forget to block off the oil hose going to the carb". I didnt think it had an oil line going to the carb. Any advice would be appreciated. Id love to have this thing running in time for Xmas for my son. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi i also own the lta 50 i will post some pics tom of the oil pump cover im sure its just fibre washer,d
cant believe carb has ali oxidised that much but ive seen them cleaned and worked fine after..this will be a nice xmas pressie for your child

Old 11-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I put the new carb and a petcock on it. I also attempted the oil pump bypass. I pulled the cover and saw the pump assembly, but i never found a plastic gear at the end of the shaf. Shouldnt there have been one? Either way i removed the pump. Just for future reference, the bolt on the side of the pump that holds the shaft works perfect to cap off the plate where the banjo fitting was. Filled it with 32:1 amsoil semi synthetic and she came right to life. My next project i have is a 05 kymco mongoose 90 sports id like to have running for my daughter for xmas. Ill be posting another thread on that debacle lol