Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

kazuma meerkat 50cc wiring diagram

Old 02-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma meerkat 50cc wiring diagram

can anyone help me plz i need a wiring diagram for my sons meerkat 50cc. i have parts manuals that show the loom but i need detailed wiring diagram thanks

Old 02-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

What is the problem your are having?

Old 02-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've never seen a Meerkat 50cc wiring diagram. I've seen lots of requests for one. I doubt any exist. I agree with BeyondUpNorth. Describe the problem first then we can form a plan of attack....

Old 02-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by beyondupnorth
What is the problem your are having?
iv been given the quad by a freind but the wiring loom was disconnected i need to know where all the plugs and wires go

Old 02-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Electrical Expert

So do you have the loom at all? Wiring up a whole quad from scratch is a challenge.

If you have a loom then why not just hook together what goes together, then see what works and what doesn't. Then we look at the stuff that doesn't work and figure out why...

The following users liked this post:
Jeffm816 (09-12-2021)
Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
So do you have the loom at all? Wiring up a whole quad from scratch is a challenge.

If you have a loom then why not just hook together what goes together, then see what works and what doesn't. Then we look at the stuff that doesn't work and figure out why...
iv got a loom but it has been opened up so its just a pile of wires with connectors iv connected all the connecters where i think they go. iv looked at some wiring diagrams that are simalar to it. now when i press the brake and press the start button it dosent turn over it blows the fuse iv looked to to see if any wirers are earthing on anything cant see any.iv cut the black/white wire the comes from cdi (cut out switches)to eliminate them.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

on the starter solinoid the two small wires coming out of it one goes to starter button should the other one go to a ground?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by brum.j
iv got a loom but it has been opened up so its just a pile of wires with connectors iv connected all the connecters where i think they go. iv looked at some wiring diagrams that are simalar to it. now when i press the brake and press the start button it dosent turn over it blows the fuse iv looked to to see if any wirers are earthing on anything cant see any.iv cut the black/white wire the comes from cdi (cut out switches)to eliminate them.
OK, this is a valid problem so lets solve it. I need more info... The start sequence involves the following:

1) Turn on the ignition
2) Step on the brake
3) Press the start button

WHen you do those things in sequence one at a time, when exactly does the fuse blow?

If you can get to step 2 before the fuse blows, Does the brake light come on?

Old 02-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by brum.j
on the starter solinoid the two small wires coming out of it one goes to starter button should the other one go to a ground?
There are two common starter wiring schemes on chinese quads:

Name:  StarterWiringPlanB.jpg
Views: 15142
Size:  37.1 KB
If I had to guess I would say the odds favour plan B for your quad. This is because it is easier to wire in generic remote start/stop/alarm modules with this scheme.

Both of them work essentially the same way. Lots of switches all wired nose to tail work to apply 12 volts *across* the two small wires on the starter solenoid.

Scheme "A" has all the switches on the plus side of things to the solenoid, with the other side of the solenoid directly tied to ground.

Scheme "B" has most of the switches applying 12 volts to one side if the small actuating wires, and the last switch (the start button) applying ground to the other side of the small wire actuating coil.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

just disconnected everything and connected it all back together with a new fuse. ignition on, brake on, brake light on,starter button working fuse is ok starter solenoid not working so going to get a new one. good guess it is plan b thanks for the diagrams ill have to wait for a new solenoid ill let you know how i get on when it arrives

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kazuma meerkat 50cc wiring diagram