Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kids Quads & Other ATVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Questions - CPI Bullet 90cc

Hey all. A buddy gave me a CPI bullet 90 that wasn't running.

I got the carb adjust to where it will run but it still isn't fantastic. I either have idle with the choke closed (and it bogs down at full throttle, under load - like it is getting too much fuel) or I can get it to scream at full throttle with the choke open (and it doesn't want to idle).

Any advice?

Also, the gas tank is leaking at the outlet spout. Where can I finda replacement? I see "generic" tanks on Ebay but I can't find anything that tells me it is a direct replacement for a CPI bullet 90.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Same problem

Hey i have the same problem with mine.Did you find out what it was because I have been trying to figure it out?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Garage is empty, add now

You guys gotta start using the internet, I googled "CPI bullet 90", and got lots of info, including a website with a 36 page pdf file (only 18 pages total) showing all body, frame and electrical and engine parts with part numbers from Parts For Scooters ATVs buggies GoKarts Vespa Piaggio Kymco SYM PGO Aprilia Eton Apex Kinroad Carter . This took me all of maybe 2 minutes to do, including typing out this post !! There were also several other sites to check out, just google it and you will find what you need, complete with part numbers.
As far as your idling problem, its probably the pilot jet gummed up, it controls fuel flow for idling, you need to take carb apart and clean it out, it probably sat a while and got all varnished up, thats why it will run with choke or full throttle, you are bypassing the idle circuit when you do that.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I found that stuff..I just need a wiring diagram of it.Do u know where i can get one?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

We have also cleaned the carborator like crazy so it is not that for sure
Old 03-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
90, 90cc, atv, atvs, bullet, cc, childrens, cpi, diagram, info, jag, kids, manuals, parts, problems, quad, wiring