Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Toubleshooting Lt-Z50.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Toubleshooting Lt-Z50.....

Hello everyone I am new to the board so I will start out by saying hello.

The next thing is my daughters 2008 Suzuki LT-Z50 4 stroke. Before the last time we went riding I cleaned out the carb and all was good. Good idle and ran fine. We got out and she rode it for 2 days (and 2 tanks of gas) without any problems and on the third day the quad would just not start. I changed the spark plug cleaned out the carb again changed the pilot jet and still nothing. The spark plugs arcs againt the head when it is pulled out and the plug was wet with fuel when I took it out. I took the air filter off and took off the exauhst restrictor to make sure nothing was clogging air going in or out. Not really sure what to check next or how and i really cannot afford to take it somewhere and pay them 100.00 just for them to tell me what is wrong with it. I also do not want to just starting throwing new parts at it until I find the bad one either. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I throw this thing off of a cliff.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Maybe the valves are out of adjustment.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LT80
Maybe the valves are out of adjustment.
Would that be something that would just happen overnight like that, I would think that would be something that would be gradual over time? Is there anything electical that could keep it from starting while still providing spark?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Update.....
Did somemore checking today and took it to a friends father that works on bikes and quads and took him all of about five minutes to figure out the problem...
The quad had no compression and we found that the intake valve is stuck open. Not to sure if something got stuck in there to keep it open or if the valve is bent. Now need to take the head off to make sure there is not anymore damage to the valve seat or anything else. Wish me luck...

LT-80...you were on the right track...thanks