Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

07 kfx 50

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 kfx 50

Have a 07 kfx 50. Love the bike. Did a few mods too it, and would like to do a clutch upgrade. Would it be better to go all the way or a step at a time? I was thinking variator first with different rollers, then maybe torque spring and clutch springs. any ideas would be very helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

There are very few (if any) clutch mods that will make a difference w/o motor work.
You need to go to atvriders and get ahold of airmobile101. He can help you with your Kymco.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son started on an 06 LTZ50. Before you can even begin to get any kind of peroformance out of it you need to replace the stock CDI with a Dynatek. The stock rev limiter kicks in so low once you make any other mods you just bouncing off of it. After the CDI you can remove three of the front clutch rollers and it will take off a lot better. After that I put on a K&N filter (ditched the stock airbox) and removed the stock spart arrestor and drilled a few big holes in the restrictor plate you can see when you shine a light into the stock can. I also went up a size on the main jet and pilot size on the carb. It runs really good now but like I said nothing will work on these things until you get rid of the stock CDI.

With the increased speed I recommend moving the rear wheels to the front and the fronts to the back. The rim offset on the rear wheels will give you a few more inches of width up front where it matters.

I couldn't wait til my son outgrew that thing. I got tired of pushing him up hills

Old 01-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help. Right now it's ported and polished, pro-circuit pipe, uni filter, aftermarket cdi box, been re geared, and seems to have some speed and better power. It just seems that if I messed with the clutch a little I could get a little more out of it. So I didn't know if I went with front variator and different rollers would make much difference if I didn't change the torque spring and clutch springs as well.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Motor torque will determine whether springs are needed.
If your holeshot is good and the clutch is reaching full travel, then your clutchs are fine (roller weight and rear clutch shoe weight). If more holeshot is needed, less roller weight and maybe less rear clutch shoe weight. I highly doubt you'll need the shoe springs.
IF out of a turn the machine boggs a bit, then a torque spring is needed (it's not downshifting). I doubt you need this also but I clould be wrong.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cudon12979
Thanks for the help. Right now it's ported and polished, pro-circuit pipe, uni filter, aftermarket cdi box, been re geared, and seems to have some speed and better power. It just seems that if I messed with the clutch a little I could get a little more out of it. So I didn't know if I went with front variator and different rollers would make much difference if I didn't change the torque spring and clutch springs as well.
IF you have not yet touched the clutch with the exception of removing the collar then I recommend removing two of the rollers and giving it a try. It made a big difference on my sons out of the hole. Top end remained unchanged. Other than that there just isn't a whole lot more to be had out of these things.