Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kids Quads & Other ATVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 10-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Please Help!!! Predator 50 wont start elect.

I have a 2007 Polaris Predator 50.. it will not electric start.. have broke the kick start in the process, gas is getting in the air box, it turns over and over and over putts a little but never starts have had trouble starting this way entire time, waiting for a new kickstart to be delivered but would love to fix this anyways any ideas
Old 10-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Garage is empty, add now

The fuel in the air box tells me that your carb is leaking fuel by the float needle. It's also filling the motor w/fuel thus flooding it. This is why it isn't starting.
Remove and clean the carb, removing both jets and the float needle and clean well.
Remove the spark plug and spin motor over till cylinder it quits spraying fuel out..Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Use Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word cautionSpam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  use a rag over the plug hole to catch the fuel AND do this with the ignition OFF so there isn't a fireSpam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word 
Let it dry out, install spark plug. Kick start with the throttle wide open. let off after it starts and cleans out.
Maybe try that.
Kymco Mongoose
TRX350 Rancher
Those that believe in the system have yet to live it.
mooreracing@windstream.net
814-922-7470
Old 10-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

i will try this .. how particular do you have to be with the needle when putting it back together, also i dont have a kickstart at the moment it has snapped at the weld and currently waiting for a replacement to arrive
Old 10-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

still nothing, turns over never starts, question: if there is a defaulted censor or something would there be a spark at the spark plug. started it with plug out still connected to wire and Ouhhh damn theres a spark. it has to be the carb but everything looks good removed both jets and all looks clean
Old 06-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

I am having similar problem but mine starts and then has no low end power I had to bend float bowl tab down 1mm to get it to start before that it would do nothin
Old 06-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
2007, 50, 50cc, atv, carburettor, eletric, fire, fuel, gas, leaking, polaris, prdator, predator, start, wnt, wont