Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

coolster 3050

Old 07-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolster 3050

I have inherited a coolster 3050 in need of some minor repairs (well minor for me).

The main issue I am having is that some electrical components are no longer attached as they should be. I can see what looks like two brackets but there are no holes or clips on which to attach these two parts.

Here is a couple pic;

My thumb is next to one of the brackets, my index finger is pointing to another one. The one on top is kind of hard to see but it is right above my index finger. These are on the left side when sitting on the atv in the fender well

Also is there a more detailed manual than those offered on coolsters website?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Normally the CDI (in your hand on the previous picture you posted) has a rubber hanger around it. The rubber hanger has a rectangular slot in it (see picture below - right side middle) that slides onto one of the double bracket posts your thumb was pointing to. Sometimes the rubber hanger has two slots and straddles across both bracket posts. It is just a way of giving the CDI some shock mounting. I would just tie up the CDI to the cable harness with some tie wraps and be done with it. Nothing is very critical here.

I assume the other thing hanging is the starter solenoid in front of your middle finger? Perhaps the solenoid it from a different quad and the mechanical mounting isn't quite the same. Be creative and mount it up somehow so that the screw terminals cannot short to ground. This ties directly to the battery and is not fused. A short to ground can cause a fire so you have to be certain that can't happen.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. I believe I may have seen that rubber piece, but I believe it was torn. The labels on that pic helped as well. If I come up with something interesting I will post up pics...most likely I'll use some rubber/foam and zip ties at first, once I get the atv running I will try something a little better.