Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

hensim atv

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hensim atv

Hey.I just wanted to thank you guys for the input.I in fact ordered the hunter 250 and I am not dissapointed!Plenty of power,the thing is a bear!Plenty of ground clearence,plenty of power.I did get it from atv discounter,service was good,shipping was a little slow but they came through with just what I ordered.Love it so far,we'll see what happens.Thanks again

Old 04-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default hensim atv

Thats awesome carguy. All you guys are going to make me get a utility after all lol.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default hensim atv

Glad you are happy with your purchase. I know that when I received my Marshin I could not believe I got something like that for so little. Hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Range Rover
Default hensim atv

Since I got mine a few months ago I have found a Hensim dealer in my home town where I grew up in Mo. He had the 250 utility Hensim there and I got a chance to examine it up close and personal. They are the same frame. The same motor, rear end, shaft drive. Same measurements. About the only difference I could see or notice is that the salesman said the Hensim had a four speed and the shift pattern was different than mine, (I didnt get a chance to do a physical comparison on that part) compared to mine along with the reverse shift was a little difference plus mine has a manual clutch and the Hensim I dont remember having one. And the biggest factor in comparison is the price . The Hensim was 500$ higher priced than what I gave for mine.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hensim atv

I bought a hensim 250 utility from a local dealer here in Idaho, he even put it together and changed the fluids, i know because i watched him do it and he made some adjustments, and i only paid about 100$ more than the cheapest i found on the web, also he has a great parts availability. I am extremely happy so far.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hensim atv

Well,I have had this about a month now,4 speed manual,could use one more gear.Liquid cooled,shaft drive.It's 2wd but I have gone just about every where with it.Got it stuck once so far,not bad considering we had a bunch of snow on the ground when I first got it.I did change the coolant that was in it.It came with water,I put antifreeze in there!Upstate NY,can't use water!Not sure what grade of oil to use in it though.Didn't come with a manual of course.Any ideas on oil out there?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default hensim atv

I am using Shell Rotella 15-40 in mine. Seems that is what is recommended alot on this sight. Does your unit seem to have enough power to push a extra gear. My Marshin has a five speed in it. Not much difference between 4th and 5th though. On the flats it has plent of power for 5th .

Old 04-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Range Rover
Default hensim atv

Use 15w40w Rotella T oil as it is compatible with the wet clutch design and doesn't have the friction modifiers like standard car oil. Of course 4-stroke oil will work but is more $$$..........................Slydog

Old 04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default hensim atv

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Homy777

I bought a hensim 250 utility from a local dealer here in Idaho, he even put it together and changed the fluids, i know because i watched him do it and he made some adjustments, and i only paid about 100$ more than the cheapest i found on the web, also he has a great parts availability. I am extremely happy so far.</end quote></div>

Where you at in Idaho?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hensim atv

OK.I will use 15-40 then.I think it has plenty of power for a 5 speed.$th wide open she is really screaming around 40 mph,but I figure since it's a utility it is all about the tourque and not so much the speed.So even though it's a manual clutch,it's still soaked in oil?

Quick Reply: hensim atv