Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

New ATV, Hensim 150, won't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ATV, Hensim 150, won't start

Hello, I'm new to this Forum. I wanted to know if I am obviously missing something on trying to start my new ATV, (no owners manual ATV). This has both manual and electric start, kick starts works fine, other then that I have nothing with the electrical start, other then the red light comes on, but even when it is running, by the kick start the lights do not work, the fuse was blown back by the battery, replaced and blew again, 2amp looks like, everything is plugged in correctly, thought maybe I was overlooking a safety shuf-off or something somewhere, or a certain button has to be pushed when trying to start, like I say, there were no instructions so I'm just guessing. I did take the safety tether and manually push the inner button down, to see if that made a difference, it didn't, still wouldn't start. I would think that the rest of the electrical would come on despite any trouble with the starter. The battery seemed to take a good charge, has good spark anyway, I would think the lights and so forth should work while it runs though. Thank You if anyone has any ideas on this.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

i dont know about your problem , but maybe someone can help me with mine. I have a 200cc Tierra ATV... It starts and runs , but when i clutch down while i ride it turns off. Then when i go back and try to start it , it wont start. It sounds like its going to start but it just does not
kick in. Then i feel like im choking it too much and let it sit, after 5 minutes of letting it sit, then it starts. Now this morning i try to start it and it wont even start at all. It sounds like it wants to start but does not, it has gas, but it just wont kick in. anyone knows what might be wiorng with it?.. carb problem, spark plug, fuel problem?.. please help . thanks.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

I bought a Hensim 70cc and it would not start, kept blowing the fuse all the time, started to unplug all the electrical plugs 1 at a time and found 2 prongs pushed into 1 hole, has to be a simple electrical problem. good luck

Old 04-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank You cowgirl, that's just what I found too, two prongs bent together touching, it works fine now.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought two Hensim 150cc ATVs. You have to hold the left handle brake in slightly while pressing the electric start button. I made the same mistake and called the place I purchased it from for instructions. Good luck!

Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

New to this forum, thanks for all the info. I have just purchased two hensim 150's and was having the same problem. Mine was a fuse problem as well. Replaced both fuses and was back up running.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey guys i have a 150 hensim that i got for my son its a couple years old and needed to have the carb cleaned but the only way i could keep it running was squirting starting fluid in it so took the carb off cleaned it put it back on and it wont even start with starting fluid now can somebody PLEASE help me get this thing running i got for my sons bday and he still hasnt got to ride it

Old 10-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by joshsellers83
hey guys i have a 150 hensim that i got for my son its a couple years old and needed to have the carb cleaned but the only way i could keep it running was squirting starting fluid in it so took the carb off cleaned it put it back on and it wont even start with starting fluid now can somebody PLEASE help me get this thing running i got for my sons bday and he still hasnt got to ride it
Do you have spark? If you don't this is the place to focus. If you do have spark then:

While you have the spark plug out, pour a little fuel (1/2 teaspoon) into the cylinder. Quickly put the plug back in at crank the starter. Does the engine fire at all?

Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks lynn although i did gedt back starting im right back where i was on having to squirt starting fluid into the carb to keep it running any suggestions on how to fix that hiccup?

Old 10-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sounds like the float assembly in the float bowl is stuck in the closed position. have you checked the float drain for fuel? if it runs on starter fluid, then it ain't getting gas. BUT, don't let it stay on starter fluid as your compression will dive to nothing. you may check compression also. couldn't imagine your valves being out of adjustment. check for fuel first

how to clean a carb on a ATV - YouTube

Quick Reply: New ATV, Hensim 150, won't start