Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma mini falcon 90cc or redcat mpx 90

Old 11-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma mini falcon 90cc or redcat mpx 90

I have been looking for an inexpensive youth quad for my child. I would like to get him a sporty looking quad.
Not a trail quad. Please give me some of your opinions on these 2 quads. I know a bunch of you have these quads and I would like hear you opinions good or bad. I am looking at something with dual a-arms, auto tranny, reliablity, and cool looks.

Thanks guys or gals

Old 11-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

i have both kazuma and redcat, they have been decent for what there used for, basically same motors, but i like the kazuma a little better, seem to be built a little better, tougher,better larger chain esier to adjust,but thats just me others might disagree my buddys kid has a mini 90 and its been good, if you buy get it from racewayatv,and do a proper setup.

they look cool,reliable you might want name brand, these seem to have minor issues,that need fixing,but if you can wrench you should be ok.

happy turkey day

hoyt

Old 11-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

A couple questions for you. How old and big is the child, how much do you want to spend and what kind of riding will he be doing?

Old 11-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

The redcat mpx 90 old style is a more heavier duty but a little under powered you can change the front sprocket and put on a 14 tooth instead of the original 12 and it gives you a lottt more power, they have the new style but it is more a semi auto then a full auto trans, the mini falcon 90cc is good also but when it comes to warranties the redcat gives you a 1 year warranty on the motor and 6 on everything else I believe I am right on that, go on their websight and check it out everything except plastic, brakes, battery and tires, and if the motor goes they replace the whole motor, been there, no questions asked. The Kazuma falcon gives you a 6 month warranty on the motor only and only the motor and then it is a fight to get parts for the motor, so take your choice, been there also. If you get it shipped and there is something wrong good luck in getting the parts.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

if you choose racewayatv to buy a quad you will not have parts issues i never dealt with them but they take care of there customers from what i read on here. hes about the only dealer on the net for china quads that says call him ,when you have a problem, the others have no tech support. alot of others can vouch for that.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

2manytoys

he's 6 years old and 4 1/2 ft tall or 54". He's to tall for a 50 or 70 I know the law about the age. He's ready for a 90 he rides and operates my wifes polaris trail boss and does fine. He will be riding mostly motocross. I figured the chinese quad will be good for him to motor around on until he's good enough for a larger one in a couple of years. I'm not impressed with the 4 basic japanese models. obviously as he gets older and better they are the quads to get. but for his first real quad a chinese version will do. He's not going to be riding it hard enough to reallt thrash it. I can wrench so minor repairs aren't a problem. I really like the looks of the kazuma mini falcon.
Price range is about 1000 bucks

Thanks guys

Old 11-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

hes as tall as my 11 year old if you buy a mini 90 i think hes gonna outgrow it real fast and your going to be buying another on real fast. i dont know your money situation but you might wanna look at a desert cat 90 this will last him longer it will have more power for him when he gets bigger and has more expierence. look at 2manytoys pics for size comparisons, my son has a 110 kazuma and its not right for him he now is beating around on a redcat 150,if i had to do it over again knowing what i know now the dc 90 would of been a better choice for me. that mini 90 is small and if hes that tall already it woulnd last

Old 11-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you can swing a few more hundred the dc50 would be perfect. Almost the same size as the dc90 and the 50 has lots of power for a 50cc 2 stroke and as he grows and you want more speed there are tons of mods you can do. The dc50 or 90 is way better machine to learn on. The suspension is awsome for small jumps and more agressive riding. The chinese quads tend to be stiffer and less forgiving. If you really cant swing the dc50 then the next best choice would be the MS125 or mini delux 100. These 2 are not track worthy but great starter quads. They still have the auto tranny, dual a arms and look pretty nice. Reliability depends on you. I have had no troubles out of any of these and I have all 3 of them.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

2 many toys

Thank you all for your help, You'all have to remember that he is only 6 years old.
I'm not to worried about him only having it for a couple of years. I believe a 125 would be to much. I thought about the 100. are there any good 100 out there

Old 11-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats why I recommend the dc50. Just a little smaller than the dc90 and it has a foot brake. He wont outgrow it for a few years and these are very trouble free quads. If you dont want to go that route then the Mini delux 100, The Raceway renegade, the regular mini falcon, or the ms125. All of these are about the same height

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kazuma mini falcon 90cc or redcat mpx 90