Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

07 KFX50 - derestrict

Old 10-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 KFX50 - derestrict

Hi all,

After a lot of researching we just upgraded our daughter's Kazuma Recat Mini 50cc to a Kawasaki KFX50 (manufactured by KYMCO)
It's the 07 model 4 stroke with CVT. We love the bike, much roomier chassis, very stable and seems like it's built to last.

My daughter is loving it and with the type of family riding we do (open area, easy trail rides, slight hill climbs) it seems to have plenty of
low end power to handle it. However, I know it's not going to take long before she wants a bit more top end speed. I've read a lot on the web about these bikes being restricted from the factory but so far haven't had much luck finding detailed information or insrtructions on exactly what to do to derestrict them.

Can anyone give some information on removing the clutch restricter and or whether or not this bike also has the rev limiter. The CDI unit has two inputs, one with three wires and one with one wire. I'm not really into getting the highest speed so modifying the exhaust, intake and jetting are not priorities. She doesn't need to keep up with me on the KFX700, just kick around on family trail rides.

MY daughter(8 years old) will probably rides this bike for about a year until my son (almost 6) gets big enough to move up from his Redcat 50 and then I'll look at moving her up to the KFX90 and giving my son the KFX50.

Our Kazuma 50's have been awesome beginner bikes and so far we have not had one problem with either of them.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

Here is a link to the information that I have found so far on the mods that you are talking about.
http://www.anythingatv.com/Tec...ction_Instructions.htm
I just purchased a 07 kfx 50 and have been looking into the issue as well. Rapidrobert137

Old 07-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to say, that link with those directions do not work. The CDI is totally different and the collar is on the front pulley. I too, have beenr trying to find an aftermarket CDI to give some more topend. Boardmember " Check " has put bigger tires on his 50 and got around 5mph more topend. There was another post on here about some type of restriction in the exhaust, I am looking into it.