Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

ut oh? gear question

Old 12-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ut oh? gear question

I recently bought a used 90cc redcat semi-automatic. My problem/question may not even be a problem at all but it doesn't sound right so I figured i'd ask.

I did a bunch of stuff on it today and thought I was going to get it fired up! But it didn't happen. So while rolling it back to the garage I decided to try and pop start it.. when i put it 2nd and held my foot down on the shifter so it would roll SOMETHING was making some sort of a PING (not a springy sounding ping, a metal hitting metal kind of ping) as it rolled.

Not sure if maybe i was holding my foot on the shift too hard but i'm just hopeing its nothing serious and is supposed to make that sound.. anyways at the end of my hill when i let the shifred back up it didnt give a turn over attempt though but i didnt want to do it again as i didnt like the noise it made!

please help, tomorrow is my last day off for the week and i'd like to get something going.. thanks\

p.s. is there any way to check and make sure my shift/clutch/gears are all in working order before driving the atv? it rolls fine in nuetral with no noises... just doesn't sound good when rolling with shift lever pressed down.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

not to be a pain but please any insight on this? i'd like to get to it tomorrow so iI don't have to wait till next weekend off.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer

Also, Not related to my original question I just came accross another one...

Name:  2222222222222.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  22.0 KB

what the HECK are these connections for?? (they're located up in front, next to cdi box theres 2 positive connections with eye rings and everything... definetly looks "stock" so can anyone tell me what they are or what they're for?? I was thinking a winch hookup but don't see why you would have one on a 90cc..

and also theres a couple other connections(the white plugs) that lead to nothing, like just the female end of the plug is there... but the wiring on the atv seems 100% there aside from the front lights.. I'm just assuming those go to the light/socket/bulb assembly which isn't on the quad..

few more pics..
Name:  22222-1.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  31.9 KB
Name:  22.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  25.6 KB

(and yes one of my front tires seems to be a little smaller, same style/brand but a tad smaller..Definetly something i'm going to replace before any serious riding.

Thanks,
Mike