Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 110 - Automatic Tranny?

Old 12-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 110 - Automatic Tranny?

My kids have the Kazuma 110 ATV with the 3 speed semi-auto. Does anyone know if a kit or upgrades exist to turn this into a fully auto transmission?
Thanks.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

NO.
The autos are usually a CVT type tranny (belt).

Old 01-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

turilla, just bought my kids two REDCAT RFX 110's. I am waiting on them to arrive (xmas shipping delays), was wondering if you have had any issues with the air box on yours? How long have you had them, any significant problems? I am planning on stripping them down and putting locktite on everything along with flipping the front tires to provide a wider stance. Always looking for suggestions.

Old 01-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

c4igunner: I haven't had problems with the airbox on the 110 but I used a good RTV sealant on the carb boot before I ran it as it didn't look like it was sealing very well. We've had ours over 5 months now with no major problems. Stripping them down and locking everything is a good idea, I did the same with ours.
When I went through I found the swingarm locking nuts were loose and the chain was way too loose. Get a tube of di-electric grease also and use it on all the electrical connectors, they are really exposed and I've had the CDI module short out due to water in the connector. Luckily no damage but a $5 tube of di-electric grease is a cheap insurance policy.
I did the front wheel flip and it seems to make it handle better. I also put an inline fuel filter on them.

Old 01-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

turilla, thanks for the scoop on the dielectric grease and silicone. Was the CDI covered under warranty? By the way, did you find it necessary to remove the restrictor plate in the carb and the baffle in the muffler to make the bike perform better? One more thing, any problems with the brakes or the shifter? Where do you live, it sounds like it is wet there? I am in San Diego California, so most of our riding should be desert.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:30 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: turilla
My kids have the Kazuma 110 ATV with the 3 speed semi-auto. Does anyone know if a kit or upgrades exist to turn this into a fully auto transmission?
Thanks.

Sure! I saw one that came with a 2-stroke conversion kit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Gotta ask.....why? If it's hard the switch gears, wonder if you can rig something like a street bike where you can step on the rear shifter to shift up/step on the front to shift down? Just an idea.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

LOL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: c4igunner
turilla, thanks for the scoop on the dielectric grease and silicone. Was the CDI covered under warranty? By the way, did you find it necessary to remove the restrictor plate in the carb and the baffle in the muffler to make the bike perform better? One more thing, any problems with the brakes or the shifter? Where do you live, it sounds like it is wet there? I am in San Diego California, so most of our riding should be desert.

Luckily the CDI was undamaged, the water shorted the pins in the connector and stopped the engine and wouldn't restart until I blew the water out. I swapped CDI from machine to machine to test them out just to make sure. I haven't removed the restrictor plate or baffle yet as I wanted the kids to get completely used to the ATV before I started with mods. I'll probably change to a K&N filter and just remove the stock airbox. No problems with brakes or shifter to this point.
It's not normally very wet over here in Phoenix AZ but we've had some really big storms the past few months and it is raining now as we speak. So lots of mud right now and that is how I found I needed di-electric grease in the connectors, went playing in the mud with the kids. 99% of our riding is desert.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Saw your thread on the Kazuma 110. I bought two for my kids at Christmas. One of them just died (no spark). Was running fine and then just wouldn not start after my son stopped for a short time. The manual does not have a wiring diagram so I'm looking for tips on troubleshooting. Swapped CDI's with the other bike and no go. It could be as simple as a bad kill switch (although the engine will not crank with kill switch in off position but will with it on), not sure how to check coil or what else to check. He did get the bike a little wet the day before but never had a problem. Rode for a few hours the next day and shut it down correctly, after that - no spark. Any suggestions? Anywhere you know that I can get a wiring diagram? Any help appreciated, weekend is fast approaching and he is going to want to ride. (sister won't give hers up either).

Thanks

Old 01-06-2005, 02:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ran into the same problem with a Redcat KMZ 150. Customer was riding it in the snow and it just shut down. He brought it in and the problem was in the on/off switch, it had gotton water inside and was grounding out. It was a simple fix just took a good squirt of WD-40 right into the switch and it started right up with no further problems. Hope this helps. And for your info Kazuma and Redcat are the same bike differnt distributors. You should be able to get wiring diagram at Redcatmotors.com. If you can't let me know and I can get one for you. The Redcat KMX 110 or RFX 110 should be the same as your Kazuma [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kazuma 110 - Automatic Tranny?