Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Lt50 Advise

Old 07-25-2005, 05:28 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt50 Advise

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
If you put holes in the airbox you're gonna need to rejet.
If you knock holes in the airbox lid, I would highly recommend going with an SLP air horn snap in fixture. You can get them at any good snomobile shop, they let the machine breathe, but they are waterproof.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Range Rover
Default Lt50 Advise

for some good cheap easy to do power remove the 4 nuts on the cylinder head bring it and a case of beer to the nearest machine shop and kindly ask the gentleman or woman to remove .045 from it then put a # 5 or 6 plug in it the thing will move out

Old 07-26-2005, 05:01 AM
Range Rover
Default Lt50 Advise

KillerEX, I have heard of milling down the head but what are the #5 and #6 plugs? Is that a heat range? Do you need to run a higher octane fuel after you mill the head?
Vultar, I noticed a signifigant difference in the top end after removing the intake restrictor. I didn't smooth out the recess afterwards as somebody else recommended and I still noticed an improvement. I would say it is worth it. Small investment in time and no money spent.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lt50 Advise

I finally removed the intake restrictor yesterday on my son's quad. It took a total of about 15 minutes from start to finish. I used a heat gun on it and a large slotted screwdriver. I heated it up then turned it right to left to free it up. It popped out quite easily. I did not fill in the void, instead I opted to try it without. I was amazed at the difference it made. My son is now throwing rocks in my drive all over...geez! He really noticed the difference in power/acceleration it had. We are heading off this weekend to hit an atv park and let him test it out on some medium grade hills. Last weekend, I had to push him up some of them with my raptor. I don't see this happening now...

Thanks again everyone for all of the help. I really appreciate it!

Hmmm, now that I have the bug maybe I will put that head on my Bridgeport and mill it down....lol

Gary

Old 07-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Range Rover
Default Lt50 Advise

yes the heat range it has a 4 in it now run some 93 octane and change out te plug also check the jetting. the head makes a lasrge differance just buy it self

Old 07-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lt50 Advise

Vultar,
Yes the little guy will have no problem going up hill now. I have done all of the quick mods on my daughters and she is winning races on a regular basis now. I have the $400.00 head/pipe kit on order from ct racing and will be installing it next week. the dyno test looks promising so we will see. One thing to watch for the guy is jumping. With what you have done it has the ablity to get two feet off the ground. I am nervous about the suspensions ability to handle this. After I put on the kit next week I am going to put in the air a few times and see what is possible with suspension changes. anyone else out there allow thier six year olds to fly? Have you played with suspension?

mike

Old 07-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Lt50 Advise

Well i dont have a 6 year old but my 4 year old (soon to bee 5 in sept.)gets some air. Know I have works shocks on order they should allow him to jump without getting broke. when hes racing he doesnt realize how fast hes going and he nails some of the bigger jumps and hits alot harder than the other kids. some times it jars him to much and just flat out slows him down. cant wait to see him smash those bigger jumps know. plus with his quad beeing 4 inc. wider an 3 inc. longer it really needs better suspension. I think with works performance I should get my 600.00 worth. this thing will be a full blown QUADRACER.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Lt50 Advise

does anyone know if the 86's have the restricker in the intake manifold? thanks.

Old 01-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Lt50 Advise

bump

Old 02-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lt50 Advise

Thanks for the website info. It was a big help!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lt50 Advise