Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

50cc ATV Help/Recomendation

Old 07-21-2005, 12:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc ATV Help/Recomendation

The restrictor plate is in the part that bolts to the head? not the head itself?? I removed a restictor from the part that goes from the carb into the head?

I hope this was right.....It had an oblong slit in it and I was able to heat it up and remove it with a screwdriver

Old 07-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Trailblazer

Did you do any pipe mods?
Mill the head?
Just the intake mod?
You have not re-jetted anything as I assume.
If you just done the intake mods:
It is running lean on the top.
Raise the needle/lower the clip one notch.
With a new plug:
Start the bike and run it wide open under load until you hit top end. While at top end hit the kill switch.
Remove the plug if it is a white color if it is go up one size on the main jet.
This should take care of your problem.
You removed the intake restrictor which is the right one.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Trailblazer

Bulldog on the piolot jet you should have just removed the top jet and left the bottom one alone that is the size 15 piolot thats the one you need. Pipe and filter should be the first mods than jetting otherwise your going to have to do this all again when you change them. Sireland if you want those nerfs Check ebay under Kasea nerf bars They should be 139.00 Buy it know. there for a 90 so you have to ext. swingarm 3 inc. to make it work. But if you get wheel spacers also the quad is perfect perportion when its 3inc. longer and 4 inc. wider. and alot more stable like I said before half throttle to a donut no problem. If you decide to do this your local machine shop can extend the swingarm ill send you pics of where it was cut n welded up looks perfect like it was never messed with.

Bull dog was reading your thread I did the same thing You cant open the airbox with out jetting our else your going to get way to much air. tape thos holes till you get the pipe n jet.

Old 07-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

As I sit here getting a stiff neck shaking my head... I just have to jump in here.... First off, I am not critical of your enthusiasm, and I am certainly not going to criticise your decisions... but I have to ask a simple question. Who is in charge here? You mention that your son is complaining that it is too slow... Compared to what? He is 3 years old and wants more speed? Come on dad... all 3 year olds want more speed... that doesn't mean it is prudent. You also mention he rides a larger machine with mods so he can reach the pegs.... Please look at what you are doing and think about it some. What if it tipped over, can he get out from under it by himself? Sure he might be OK bouncing around in teh back yard... but because of his size... well I am not sure he should even be ON an ATV.. and that comes from a HUGE and very much outspoken Kid advocate....
Let him grow a little. If he does not fit the machine with a little bend in the legs, able to turn it from lock to lock when stationary etc, I doubt he can manipulate the brakes properly either. NOT to mention the mental abilities of children his age. I admit, there are some out there that can hang on and not crash... but you add speed, and an emergency situation where they have to THINK or REACT without thinking.. and it is a disaster waiting to happen. Kids at that age cannot react to the situation in time...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take this as a positive thing... I just don't want to read about him in the paper as another accident statistic...

If you insist on letting him ride, then forgo the speed improvement and concentrate on schooling him in correct technique. Throw things in front of him and see how he reacts.(Something that can be ridden over with no fear of damage to item or rider.) Teach him not onl technique, but also to act responsibly, wear all the available safety gear, and to respect the rights of others.

Good luck... I hope he is OK...

Old 07-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Range Rover

You are way off and out of line here!!

You know nothing about what I have taught my son or his riding abilities.....

My son is well coordinated and intelligent (not an opinion because he is my son) which has attributed to us allowing him to ride an ATV and to ride the way he does. In fact everyone that has seen him ride feels that this "may" be his calling...The first and last word out of his mouth everyday is motorcycles...eats, sleeps and breathes them.....My older son is not the same way when it comes to bikes , so it is not me over inflating him because I am his dad....

He also wears full protective gear(helmet,boots,chest protector,knee pads, elbow pads, long sleeve shirt, long pants,goggles) whenever he gets near a bike and does ride with ability above his age..IMO....This does not mean that we will let him needlessly endanger himself...

He was started with fundamentals......starting and stopping on command, using brakes, body positioning, riding between,over and around obstacles...

I know first hand from riding for 20+yrs (dirt and street) that fundamentals are the key to riding.....anybody can go fast...only the responsible ones can do it safely.....You have to weigh your abilities to your risks....He is also corrected for not making the right decisions so that he can understand the responsibility that goes along with riding an ATV. I take his safety as the #1 priority!!

I suggest that you leave my son's guidance to me.... or at least email me privatley to express your point or to ask me questions about his training before posting your comments on a public forum...

My post here was to get some tips on how to make an ATV a little bit faster.....an ATV that is known to be extremely slow.....I just wanted it to reach more of it's potential, so that when my son is ready to grow with it, it will be able to grow with him....

I don't want him on a bigger ATV for safety reasons hence the request for information to allow his "physically matched" ATV to perform better, so that I could put off any desire from him to ride something he is not capable of handling safely.

Sorry if I sound harsh here, but I don't take unfounded posts like this lightly....You should think about different ways to make your point before posting remarks that have no merit....I am sure your concern is valid in many circumstances, but your don't know enough about me or my son to make the statements you did...

Old 07-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Range Rover

Here is a link to the carb

http://bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oe...A3%29.asp#stay

So I should have kept the 92064A (#15) and removed just the 92064 (.38) jet??

If you have the time to verify this it would be very much appreciated..

Thank you

Old 07-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

You got it. and dont open that air box to much till you get the pipe n jet or it wont run right trust me ive done it. but if you leave that # 15 jet in there by itself that will help for know.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

Bulldogfallon
Did you get the little ones 50 running right?

It502000
Thanks for the link on the nerf bars, as for the swing arm mod it looks straight foward, I will probably do it one evening after work.
(The company that I work for has a full fabrication shop so any equipment is not an issue).
The wheel spacers are an excellent idea, to increase stability.
Did you change the gear ratio with sprockets?
How many links in the chain did you end up running?

Hey guys, one mod that I did to my boys was to make a full skid plate for the bottom.
It seems to really help the little machine when hitting the mud, kind of slides instead of digging in.

Shawn

Old 07-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

Putting the right pilot jet in worked much better!!!

The turtle is alive except for an initial bog when you punch it off the line, but everything after that is MUCH IMPROVED!! Any ideas on this? It is getting dark so I put it away for the night since the skeeters are pretty thick in Florida this time of year...

I covered the airbox holes that I drilled up too..

Here is what I have done so far:
1-Removed intake and exhaust restrictor
2-Moved needle to the lowest setting possible (5 nothches in total and it was on the 4th from the top stock and it is now in the 5th from the top or 1st from the bottom)
3-Removed the .38 pilot jet

Next step:
1-Fix bog off the line
2-Wheel Spacers/Suspension
3-Run Premix/Disconect Oil Injection
4-Spark Plud Change?--What is recomended???
5-In time----CT Racing package (pipe,head and jets)

Are there any other mods to help with the suspension now that the KFX can get out of it's own way?

You guys have been great.....Thank you so much!!!

Please let me know if I missed anything or other things that I can do to keep the tires on the ground

Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Range Rover

You made a skid plate for the bike? Any pics?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 50cc ATV Help/Recomendation