Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kids Quads & Other ATVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 05-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Default 2003 Yamaha Breeze Transmission fluid question

Hey Guys, I have a question about the type of oil used in the transmission for a 03 yamaha breeze, I called our local yamaha dealership and the mechanic said that regular 90wt transmission oil was needed, but in the manual it looks like you use the same type as in the engine..

yamalube 4 20w40 or saw20w40 35-125 deg
yamalube 4 10w30 or sae 10w30 10-100 deg
Old 05-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Garage is empty, add now

The breeze is a belt drive quad, no gears or tranny to speak of. The engine is the only thing with oil in it. Use any good grade oil in the engine. I have no idea what the Yammie mechanic is talking about. From the sound of it; neither does he. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

it has some kind of oil in it other than engin oil,

under the periodic maintance and adjustment section
see pages 8-7--8-9 in manual suggests replacing the transmisson
oil ever 12 months, page 10-2 is where it says regular yamalube 4
20w40 or 10w30

Breeze online manual
Old 05-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

bump
Old 05-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

The oil that lubricates the engine is the same oil that lubricates the transmission. It states to use a certain type, so as to not make the clutches slip. I would change it often because it dosn't use too much oil.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Hey guys, thanks for the replies..

newnick, thanks I thought thats what the manual was saying..
Old 10-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 125 breeze fluids trans problems

Hi, just tore mine down...gear popping in forward. There are definitely two fluids in this engine/trans. YES, there is a tranny. it controls forward and reverse, OK so the engine oil is whatever the manual says, 10w-50, whatever, the trans fill point is a bolt on top of the case, oil level I assume is the small bolt on the backside of the primary cover. OR use the fill amount recommended 1.4 qt? the drain is the rear drain plug under the engine towards the rear. NO, nobody I found on the internet knows a whole lot about these. Mine had no significant wear inside, and there were visible hairline cracks in the output gear inside the tranny, replacement is anywhere from $65-$85 But I will run it till then. The popping on acceleration, I think is the shift dog, forward gear has a weird step in it, and apparently it doesn't like to seat into the forward gear holes enough. More on this later. Possibly gear shifter adjustment might help.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
atv, belt, breeze, change, engine, fluid, fluids, kind, oil, saw20w40, slips, trans, transmission, transmition, yamaha