Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Reviews of Chinese ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:41 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Reviews of Chinese ATVs

Welcome to the forum cocacola1010, Id have to say that was a pretty honest review of most chinese quads. If you dont mind me asking. How big are you and how hard do you ride your 110? I have told a lot of people on here to avoid these things if they dont have either, good mechanical skills or a established dealer.(Not many of those it seems) Getting one in the crate like I did is not like going to the honda dealer. It will need way more attention than just installing the wheels, battery, and raising the handle bars. which is what most of the internet sellers claim. My wifes yamoto 150 is still in like new condition and actually even better. Main reason is my wife is extremely easy on her quad and has never had a wheel leave the ground while riding it. second reason is, I thave a lathe and a mill also, and have done a few mods to her Yamoto. Stock the rear shock had 9/16" (14mm) of travel before it hit the bump stop. It was absolutely ridiculous. You can check it out on my photo page if you want.

Pretty cool digging up this old thread, it ended about the time I got here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 6 foot (too tall4 it really), light build and only ride it within its limits, not even maxxed it out yet as its only running in, no jumping or stuff - wouldn't dare hehe
It seems to vibrate lots, and lots....!
All I want to do is raise awareness that these quads, although cheap are NOT a get on and ride solution, they will spend a lot of time 'in the pits'....
Not a problem if, like you, you have the facilities and the technical knowledge, but for joe bloggs in the street - NO NO....don't buy one....!
If this thread prevents one 'joe bloggs' from buying one, then my job is done....

BE WARNED....!!!!! CHEAP - YES, NASTY - YES, OFTEN...!!! hehe

P.S. I have just noticed the tyres say 'NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE' on them, but it is sold as ROAD LEGAL, I have taken this up with the supplier and he says he will supply correct tyres?

Old 10-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Range Rover

Hello

I have been reading some of your post's on Chineses quads. I have 3 of them. I own 2 Marshin 150cc's Both have been great and trouble free. They are well built and run great. I took one to the local Honda shop and had the air box removed and the carb rejetted. They were very impressed with it. They are not a Honda...but they run well and are a great starter quad's for my kids. The 3rd is a BTM 50cc with Zongshen motor. Its has a gear shift. Put in gear and go. I had alot of carb problems with this machine. I finally found a 15 mm Mikuni that corected most of my problems. It came with a 19mm. To big for a 50cc motor, the dealer gave me a new 19mm that did nothing to solve the problem. And he was no help after that. I have yet to find a service manual for it. I have since re-place it with an Eton Viper 70. My advice.. if your looking to buy the little one there first quad, buy one of the Big 5 or an Eton. I could care less about the cost but watching my 7 year old sit on a rock while her friends ride because DAD bought a cheap knockoff will break your heart. Stay away from the BTM 50cc they have slick advertising...I'll own it forever as it is worth nothing,and I will not sell it and ruin some kids first experience with ATV'ing.

My 2 cents

Old 07-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've owned a Baja BA250 quad and so far so good, it has adjustable front shocks-and a arms, engine is air cooled and came with a nice fan also, great lighting, fires right up, feels good on the trails no matter how rough they get. Tons of torque (I weight 185lbs and my wife about 160lbs and I've riden with her on the back all day and it has performed flawlessly). Overall I would rank it a solid 8 on its class.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought an E-TON YXL 150 and have had nothing but trouble out of it. It is ten (10) years old and still has the oridinal tires in good condition on it if that tells you anything. I have worked on this thing more than it has been riden. Everthing from CDI to pistons it has broken. I will only buy Honda, yamaha, kawasaki, or suzuki from now on. I have 5,00 dollars in this 1500 dollar atv. I curse the day the chinese were allowed to make ATV's.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know this is an old post but I figured I'd post a review of a quad I bought my son.

Quad: Eagle Tonga 110cc Big Wheel
Engine: 110cc, Air Cooled, 4-Stoke, Single Cylinder

I bought this quad from EZ Go Power Sports, Scooter, ATV. I got this for my son for his 9th birthday and believe me I did months of research. We have a local dealer here and so I was interested in getting a Honda or Suzuki but the prices were just too high for me. So I picked this one up for around $700 shipped. Shipping took about 4 days from Texas to NY.

The ATV was packaged decently, and was pretty easy to assemble. It took me about an hour to put together. Once it was assembled I put some gas in and it started right up. I had to make some adjustments to the front arms because they were way out (though I assume that was from shipping).

3 months later and I can't say I have had any complaints. Its a good quad with good speed and safety features (remote shut off, tether line, etc).

Pros:
Fast, durable (so far), easy to control. Its an all around good starter quad.

Cons:
Battery that came with it will NOT hold a charge. I constantly have to jump it every time we ride. I assume it is a solenoid problem but I haven't taken the time to figure it out. Also, one time the muffler bolt (that holds it to the frame) rattled loose. That could be my fault though.

All in all its a good quad at a very cheap price. I just have to get myself a quad now, because I look a little silly zipping around on my sons 110cc

Derek

Old 08-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Test

Old 08-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Make: Avanti
Model: Bandit 70cc

This four wheeler really runs good, but has LOTS of cons:

Pros: Is fun for shooting around the yard on, and it is cheap.

Cons: Horrible quality, Starter relay went bad, Headlight never worked, carborator leaks gas all the time, tires wear out fast, chain falls off even when tight, front suspension has no fluid, had it start on fire, breaks don't work well.

I would not buy one. Since gas leaks out of the carb, I had it get in the starter, and started on fire. Once it melted through the tank it turned in a fire ball. The wiring was trashed. Had to rewire whole thing.

Guys, do the right thing,

BUY A HONDA!!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

it only backfires when i half throttle and when it lets down it seem like it builds up and pops loud.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Talking OK Legs... I am back...

I'll probably catch heck for this... but you get what you pay for. The castings and metalugy are sub par to what we have come to expect from the big companies. Pars availability used ot be a huge issue, but that seems to be getting better. I have heard sorror stories from long ago you would have to buy in bulk to get one part... The metals used are really poor quality. Expect to brake parts, so you better be handy with a wrench.
The Chinese factories are not concerned about making a product to last. They are betting that the kids will lose interest quickly.
Your choice. Idon't feel comfortable putting a grand child on one at any price.

Then there is the part of me that wants to have it assembled here in the US. One of the reasons the Chinese stuff is cheap is very cheap labor. A lot of our neighbors have been put out of work and had their jobs shipped overseas. I don't want to contribute to that trend. the next job I save may be mine.

Quick Reply: Reviews of Chinese ATVs