Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Reviews of Chinese ATVs

Old 07-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reviews of Chinese ATVs

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
sorry to hear that khen. maybe use some ny-lock nuts on the loose bolts where you can. you can't shake those loose. but using oil...should never happen. now you're scaring me, cuz I was thinkong about a local distirbutor's 110 model, they are called www.atv4less.com. they have a cheap 110 4-stroke, shaft drive with reverse, but i wonder if it's not the same. someone else guessed maybe Yamoto makes this one.
The Tomahawk looks exactly like the Yamoto, I also did see that Loncin has one that looks identical as well. The bolts/nuts that I have replaced so far and used locktite on have held good, but you have to replace the bolts because the stock ones are so weak that you can barely torque them down or they will break off (I broke one off in the engine block [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] ) I would highly suggest to anyone before buying one of these look into buying a used Japanese mini. I'm going to give this one to my daughter (she drives really slowly) and find a more durable one for my 10 year old son.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: DirtForAShirt
Sorry to hear about your bit of bad luck Khen. Your Tomahawk 110 looks identical to some of the other brands (MFC, Yamoto, etc). I have a Yamoto 150 model which is very similar to the 110's. I've done everything to it even ran it off a 10' ditch bank just to see if the axle would hold up after bottoming the suspension out (I busted the axle and my tailbone). I put up a review titled "Yamoto 150 Review" if you care to read it. Anyways, the last thing I did to my quad was run it down a few miles of RR tracks to get to a fishing spot. Nothing came loose after Locktiting just about everything. There's something else I did to the engine mounts and from A-arm hing pins that might be of some use to you. I ran a piece of 10-pound-test fishing line through my nuts before I put the bolts back in. It's something I learned from a buddy of mine. You might have to take a pencil torch to soften up the fishing line for smaller nuts and bolts but once you started the bolt in... it's gauranteed to be rattle proof. When you hear the squeak on every turn of the bolt and your forearm starts hurting from the strain, you'll know it won't come back out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

You also right about the cats-eye-lights that come on these Chinese models. They are cheap. I installed some halogen driving lights mounted directly between the stocks lights. They are a big time improvement! The lights are mounted on a 1/8" thick aluminum plate I used to reinforce the front body mount located under the air box. This was the first thing I broke on the ATV and I figured it needed some reinforcement... turns out it made a decent light mount also. I'll post some pics on a new thread tonight to show you guys what I'm talking about.

BTW, Canucklehead, nice review on those MFC's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for the info DirtForAShirt, good idea on the bolts and fishing line and driving lights! I'm going to buy a bunch of good quality nuts/bolts and take it all apart next weekend and replace every last one of them. I would like to make it so I can have at least one trip out without having problems with it.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay here goes Daughter has a Kazuma Panda 90 2stroke which held up pretty good for the first 6months until she ran it through a 2'creek wasting the cylinder up until then ran good always started no problems though as her riding skills developed power was lacking .Talked to Casey at hetricks and orderd the pipe and clutch kit (the term fit's all mini quads with minimal modifications should have made me wonder) After doing my impression of monster garage removing oil tank,rear brake mount and reattaching elsewhere,cutting away one side of the rear subframe and reattaching and moving and bending also the rear attacing point of the pipe that is supposed to mount to the top of the rear subframe won't work on a Kazuma as the engine and rear swingarm are attached kinda like a lt80 so if I mounted to the rear subframe the suspension wouldnt compress and the pipe would probably bend.

Old 07-13-2004, 06:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dvrack, when they swear it'll fit anything and then when you get it and have those kinds of problems.. aarrgghh!!
I know the place I'd like to fit it is straight up the seller's a$$!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

so are you guys saying the 110 atv on www.atv4less.com website is made by Loncin? those any good?

garbage bolts/steel if you can't even tighten them without breaking. doesn't that make the rest of you concerned about where else they cut corners in the manufacturing, such as quality of steel,poor cast for stuff like engine cases, blocks, cylinders, pistons, etc..?

Old 07-13-2004, 10:15 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

so are you guys saying the 110 atv on www.atv4less.com website is made by Loncin? those any good?

pacificdirectsports.com

But who knows if they are just the middle man?

Old 07-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like the Kazuma ones are getting some negative feedbacks.

One problem, so far, is deciding who makes what, originally. they allow re-branding so much that it's hard to tell. If you have one, please attach a picture of the beast you review, so maybe we can see some identifying marks/designs/looks and correlate them.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

I tried loncin's web-site but couldn't find any atvs on it. they did offer to sing me the company song though!
www.atv4less.com has the 110. sorry, it doesn't work when I try to use the link function on this site, but if you go to this site, it's easy to see their units.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:09 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Express Power Sports has that Maxfine 100 for $999 including shipping! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I thought I got a steal! Wow!

Old 07-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

I tried loncin's web-site but couldn't find any atvs on it. they did offer to sing me the company song though!
www.atv4less.com has the 110. sorry, it doesn't work when I try to use the link function on this site, but if you go to this site, it's easy to see their units.
www.atv4less.com gets me a "coming soon!" page.

Old 07-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought the QJ Prowler 100cc for my 7 & 8 year old daughters to share. I paid $1150 from a local dealer.

This features a 97.6cc (Bore: 52.0mm Stroke: 46.0mm) two stroke engine with automatic oil injection and electric fan cooling. From the limited information I have found on this engine it appears to be a Yamaha clone (or some advertisers say 'genuine'). The closest thing I have found is the Yamaha 100cc kt100 go kart engine. As with most of the other Chinese quads the engine, frame, etc.. on this one cross over to many other brands. I was surprised to see that the chassis and engine on this thing look an awful lot like a predator 90 which makes it a lot like some of the other two stroke 90's coming from China.

Pros:
This quad has not given me any serious (see cons) mechanical problems yet (after about 10 trips out with it). The engine fires right up every time with the electric starter and on the first or second kick with the backup kick start. The engine provides plenty of power for the kids (who really don't push it... yet) and enough to move my 5'8" 165lb body around at a reasonable pace. The automatic transmission makes it easy for my daughters to ride and the headlight is bright enough to get the job done.

Cons:
It is missing one bolt/nut that mounts one of the rear fenders to the foot rest, I am not sure how long this has been missing or if it ever had it. After the issues my brother (khen) had with his 110cc I looked over the quad to make sure nothing was coming loose and to this point no other problems have been spotted. The steering on this thing gets pretty twitchy above 15 mph and the front suspension is... well as with most current Chinese quads not much of a suspension at all.

Conclusion:
I am happy with this quad and found that to this point it has served its purpose well. I have not really pushed this thing, in fact it has never left the ground (no 10 foot drops for me), so it would be hard to say how much abuse it would take. Once my kids get a little more confident with their riding skills I may start to see problems and if so, I will do a follow up review.

8 out of 10

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reviews of Chinese ATVs