Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

I need some E-ton performance help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some E-ton performance help!!!

I have an '02 E-Ton Thunder 90 I need some advice on. It runs fine, but I need it to go faster. I have cut the green wire and let out the throttle limiter all the way. What I'm looking for it to do is keep up with my LT80. The LT80 is stock with the ristrictors removed. It has real nice power from bottom to top. I would like my E-Ton to act similar. The E-Ton has great bottom end, but just flattens out real quick. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Pipe, air filter, jet, and clutch springs and weights.
WRH Racing
Peak Powersports
Hetrick Racing
These guys will hook you up, and are real nice to deal with as well. Yes there are others, I just have not talked to them.

Old 01-13-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

thanks 2Gordons. Those names keep coming up as I go back through old posts. Keep the tips coming if you all know of any other ideas.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

Could you tell me what green wire you cut and what it did?

Old 01-16-2004, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

It is a wire loop coming out of the back of the rev limiter/cdi. So far it did nothing. I think if the quad had a pipe or clutch kit it would allow it to rev higher. The rev limiter/cdi is a maroon box about the size of a deck of cards that is strapped to the side(right on ours) with a rubber holder. It has a green wire loop sticking out the back. You cut it and it should allow the engine to rev up.

Old 01-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

There is a guy selling a Polini pipe on e-bay that should fit the eton. Is anyone familiar with this pipe? IS it a top end pipe or will it help bottom to top?

Old 02-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Voc
Weekend Warrior

Cutting the green wire on my Eton made all the difference....HUGE power/speed increase over stock

Old 02-10-2004, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

I found it!!! I bought the Polini pipe on ebay and it did the trick. The E-Ton now out runs the LT80 by a mile or two an hour. It also outruns mybuddies piped LT80 that outruns my LT80. No other mods have been made besides the restictors removed. I did not have to remove the battery or oil tank. I did have to come up with my own mounting location for the support bracket on the pipe. I also put some thermo tape on the oil tank just in case. This thing might actually go really fast with a new carb and air filter and other goodies, but I'm really happy with it for now.

Old 02-10-2004, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah for the record I only paid +/- $155 including shipping on ebay. That is for the pipe and silencer and all mounting hardware. They are listing it for $299 on their website. It sure made my daughter happy to be able to beat her little brother. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

Get rid of the oil injection and premix! It is especially important to do so with the addition of a pipe. You will eventually fry the motor.

Quick Reply: I need some E-ton performance help!!!