Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kawasaki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 03-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

csmith151499
Default my 199 kawaskai bayou 220 will not start

my wifes brother gave me a 1999 kawasaki bayou 220. its plastics are messed up and the racks have come off, but that doesn't matter to my son and i. The problem is i can't get it to start by the pull start or the push start button. It will turn over when i pull it but it won't fire. But when i press the push start button it will not do nothing. Any help will be apreciated Thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Default some items to look at

Quote:
Originally Posted by frman14 View Post
my wifes brother gave me a 1999 kawasaki bayou 220. its plastics are messed up and the racks have come off, but that doesn't matter to my son and i. The problem is i can't get it to start by the pull start or the push start button. It will turn over when i pull it but it won't fire. But when i press the push start button it will not do nothing. Any help will be apreciated Thanks
i presume the battery is charged? is there a fuse on the hot/red wire that's still good? have you checked the wiring on the start switch to make sure it ain't all jacked up and malfunctioning(grounded out)? have you pulled the spark plug out, connected it to the coil wire and grounded to the jug and pulled to test for spark? i presume it's getting fuel to the piston from the carburetor? some items to look at and get back with us. if the quad has been sitting awhile, the carb may need a cleaning also. bayou, hmmmm, i wonder if the kawasaki needs the valves adjusted also? hmmm.. if the battery is charged up, turn the key switch on and jump the solenoid (with a screwdriver---post to post) and see what happens. the starter should turn the engine. try it..........

III John 4
if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time.
never play another man's game, you'll always lose.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

csmith151499
Default thx

thax for tht. brand new batteries.also got a new fuse .and spark plugs. but i gess ill try. i aint got nuttin to lose. ill try wat u said and th again!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

csmith151499

alright it turn over and wen we switched the kill switch to stop if wanted to fire but it wouldnt any 1 kno wat it could be
Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by frman14 View Post
alright it turn over and wen we switched the kill switch to stop if wanted to fire but it wouldnt any 1 kno wat it could be
maybe what you've got is a wiring issue now, take your kill switch off and open it up to see if it has crossed wires, torn wire jacket that can be grounding out on any metal around it inside the switch. let us know.....

III John 4
if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time.
never play another man's game, you'll always lose.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
220, atv, bayou, bayou220, check, coil, crank, fire, kawasaki, kawasiki, start, starting, turning, turnover, wont