Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kawasaki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 06-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 2002 650 Prairie - Limp mode

I have an ATV in limp mode. I need to get it out. Its a 2002 650 Prairie.

The machine will not rev up. It will not let me have the 4X4 mode. It will not go past 10 MPH.

The 2003 and other machines seem to have different recovery directions from the 2002.

I've switched the switch inside the CVT Cover to the rear position. I still have the old belt on it hoping to find out if we can duplicate the problem and confirm the need for a belt.

From the CVT cover, I have two clusters of wires. One from the switch and one from the actuator. I have unplugged each once already, and replugged them.

Has anyone had any success turning off the blinking light? Has anyone reset the machine from the limp mode?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

I have reset the light but not sure what model it was. Do a search on the Kawasaki section. I saw some post with instructions on resetting the light. You might try the nyroc forum also.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Garage is empty, add now

Here a site that may help, go under tech tips. OOOPS already mentioned.

Nyroc's ATV info website
5.25 gas tank.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

i was riding my prarie 650 yesterday, parked it for the night went to ride it the next morning and it wuldnt start. the motor wuld turn over but not enough to start. my uncle thinks its the timing chain, what kind of damage would this cause?, or could this be something else? we r taking it to a mechanic soon he charrges 45 an hour and we would like to know about how much money we will be spending, any info is great.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey42 View Post
i was riding my prarie 650 yesterday, parked it for the night went to ride it the next morning and it wuldnt start. the motor wuld turn over but not enough to start. my uncle thinks its the timing chain, what kind of damage would this cause?, or could this be something else? we r taking it to a mechanic soon he charrges 45 an hour and we would like to know about how much money we will be spending, any info is great.
How is this problem related to the OP's original issue???
Old 09-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

What do u mean how is it related?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey42 View Post
What do u mean how is it related?
How is OP's limp home mode issue related to your engine not starting problem?
Old 09-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

well, i was riding it the other nite and i could get 4x4 and everything else. but wen i tired 2 start it the next morning the motor didnt seem to turn over enough 2 start. were thinking its the timing chain but not sure
Old 09-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
02, 2001, 2002, 650, atv, belt, kawasaki, limp, mode, parie, prairie, reset, resetting, tech, tip