Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

05 kawasaki 750 bruteforce/front diff probs

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 kawasaki 750 bruteforce/front diff probs

I'm looking at a 05 bruteforce right now and the problems seems to be the spiders if the front diff. My buddy had 90#(wrong oil) in the front diff last winter and got the thing stuck, he said it was grinding something aweful but he had to get it out. Since then I've change out the diff to the right oil, but there seems to be a spider gear problem. the right axel is free wheeling and everynow and then it seems to catch. 4 wheel drive the right wheel does nothing. Has anyone ever seen a bruteforce loose a tooth on the spider gears? If so has anyone ever been into one of these diff's, are they difficult to replace these gears? I sure appreciate any imput I can get here......

Scott

Old 09-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

Name:  FDiffGear001.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  173.2 KB
There are 4 bevel gears, two small (spinder) & two large. Two spider gears are (supposedly) freely spinning on the short shaft in order to differetiate. And the 2 larege gears are splined inside. If wrong oil is used, the spider gears will seize to the shaft. Once seizure happens, it can't differentiate when you are turning, and gear teeth will break off. Then one side wheel would not receive any drive power. Spider gears are easy to replace, but removing/reinstalling the gear box & other stuff takes more time than anything else. And stop ridng the quad with this problem. Broken gear piece can be jammed between other rotating parts and bust out the gear box.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Name:  FDiffGear001.jpg
Views: 1284
Size:  173.2 KB
There are 4 bevel gears, two small (spider) & two large. Two spider gears are (supposedly) freely spinning on the short shaft in order to differetiate. And the 2 larege gears are splined inside. If wrong oil is used, the spider gears will seize to the shaft. Once seizure happens, it can't differentiate when you are turning, and gear teeth will break off. Then one side wheel would not receive any drive power. Spider gears are easy to replace, but removing/reinstalling the gear box & other stuff takes more time than anything else. And stop ridng the quad with this problem. Broken gear piece can be jammed between other rotating parts and bust out the gear box.