Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

what would you take on trade in value

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you take on trade in value

I'm thinking of trading my 2008 Brute 650 SRA for one of those new orange Polaris RZRs...that way my wife and son can come along, plus i just think they are cool. My Brute has 171 miles on it. No issues, normal small scratches and tires in good shape. My dealer who i know has ripped me off in the past, said he'd give me 4800 and then give me the RZR for MSRP plus street legal kit. I live in Montana and atvs are street legal here. Problem is next closest dealer is a 2 hour drive. 4800 seems ridiculous, what do you think. Total deal breaker for me especially since i bought a 360 from him and sent my father in law in to buy a Polaris 500x2. thoughts??

Old 02-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

wow, that's a heck of a loss, but the dealer needs to make some money too. try listing it on craigslist (if you have a listing area near you). i've bought all 5 of my quads from there and also 3 dirt bikes. it is free to list. i'm sure someone out there would buy it off of you for a lot better price than what the dealer is offering. i know it's a hassle trying to advertise it and all the tire kickers, but it is more money in your pocket.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

True, b/c he says that if he takes a trade in he has to sell me the other at full price. I don't like this guy at all, but what do ya do... Might just keep the brute, can't decide. I drove a RZR around the test track at the dealership and boy was that a blast!!!!! Wife is the biggest hurdle. We'll see.

Thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

I'd love to just keep the Brute and buy the RZR...maybe I'll wait for continued improvements and go that route. I just don't want to lose on my Brute, plus I stilll love it, just want both. My son will be 3 soon, when he's 4 he could probably ride along, might make a good argument w/ the wife. Or just apologize after the fact.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

go to www.kbb.com click on the motorcycle link then enter your zipcode n look up what the expected trade in value of the bf 650 is for your area.
also try callin the dealer that is 2hrs away and see what kind of rough numbers he can work out for you over the phone might make it worth your while to make the drive... worth a shot

Old 02-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Range Rover

this is easy..

number 1, ask him how many rzrs he has in stock
then ask him how long he's been SITTING ON THEM
then ask how bad sales have fallen off in the last 6 months, remind him NO ONE buys fun toys in the dead of winter

tell the dealer ya'll can work off the same price list..
retail and retail, or wholesale and wholesale..

remind this jerkwad that there economy is TANKED and large venders are sitting on high end descrectionary spend items for MONTHS, not days.. this aint last summer that they couldn't keep rzrs in stock.. most of these guys are still sitting on stock from october

then, once you've gotten him to a fair price, sell your bike on craigslist and pay cash for the difference.

I just can't stand dealers, and trying to bend someone over REPEATEDLY sucks.

People I don't like don't get my money - the local kawa dealer here, that I pass EVERY DAY to-from work, will never get another cent from me. Tried to rip me off far too many times!

Old 02-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just priced a 2008 SRA new for 5900 and considering that he thinks he has to make a $hit load of money off of yours that is probably about right. I just traded in My 07 Suzuki Vinson on a 2008 750 Brute and he showed me the Book value on mine and sold me the new one at 6844 not MSRP. You have to watch these dealers they will rip you a new one.