Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kawasaki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 10-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Prairie 360 Belt Keeps slipping

Hey Guys,

I have a '03 Prairie 360 and I have replaced the belt now 3 times and it still wants to slip and "howl" when climbing a hill or just taking off fast. Is there a way to adjust the tension of the belt? Or do I have a different problem?

I had an EPI clutch kit on with a new Dayco belt and about 10 miles into a ride the belt broke. Then I found out that the Dayco belts are not very good. I replaced that with a factory Kawasaki belt and pulled the EPI clutch kit off and reinstalled the factory clutch, and it still want to slip and "howl" at me.

Any help is great.

Thanks
Jooser
Old 10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Did the machine slip at all prior to the EPI clutch kit install? Could be alignment.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Well, i bet that you have never adjusted your belt have you. If your belt is loose, your belt will slip. Try this. Go to nyrocatv.com and go to the tech tips section. In the prairie section you will find out how to check and adjust the belt. Also, make sure you are using low gear when supposed to. Are you?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Yes the belt was slipping before the EPI Clutch install. That is when I replaced the belt with the Dayco belt and while I was doing that I thought that I would install the clutch kit too.

No....I have not adjusted my belt and yes I do use low gear, but the hills that I was talking about the belt slipping on were very slight slopes that I would normally think that someone would use low range for.

Thanks for the web site for belt adjustment tech tips.

Jooser
Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

make sure to keep us updated and see if its a problem solved.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I will keep you up to date. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but soon I hope.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
03, 2007, 360, 4x4, adjust, adjustment, belt, broke, install, kawasaki, prairie, slipping, tension, tighten, tightening