Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Anybody know the belt light reste procedure for a BF 750

Old 12-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know the belt light reste procedure for a BF 750

Hey Guys, anybody know how to reset the belt light on a 2006 Brute Force 750, I am going to replace the belt after i reset the light. I need all the tips i can get, Thanks, Kawidave

Old 12-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Range Rover

To reset, turn ignition off and pull cvt cover. Put switch inside cover back into "on" postion. Remove seat and disconnect the 2 connectors grey and black and reverse them. They are located if sitting on quad in right rear corner. The grey one is not connected to anything, it's just a reset plug. Grey into black and black into grey. On top of the CVT cover is a black connector that goes to the switch inside the cover, disconnect that at this time. With the 2 still reversed and the black one disconnected, turn the key to the on, but don't start the quad. Observe the belt light. When it stops flashing really fast and starts flashing slow, the belt light is reset. Turn key off, and put the 2 connectors under the seat back to their original connectors and plug the connector switch for the CVT back in. Your done.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

Well it depends if your talking about your 100 hour belt light coming on for a check up or if your belt switch tripped in side the belt housing. The way you know if it is the switch itself tripped in the belt housing the atv will be in limp mode sounds like it is missing. If the light just came on for the 100 hour check up the atv will still run fine but the light is on. Just to reset the 100 hour belt check light you look right at the top of the belt housing to the right of the belt exhaust outlet there is two plugs there you need to unplug the smaller one which should be a two pin plug. Then take the seat off and look towards the rear of the atv just in front of the tool bag and manuel there is a square looking plug there, then right next to it is another square looking plug the exact same except it has a red wire and it is not hooked to any thing this is the jumper plug. Take the square plugs that are connected and unplug them and plug the jumper plug in then turn the ignition key but do not start the belt light should flash several times if so it is reset then put every thing back like it was. If the switch is tripped you just have to take the belt cover off and manually reset the switch. hope this helps tried to explain the best i could.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey trailblazer thanks for the response, i took the cvt cover off and the switch is in the on position, what does this mean, should it be in the off postion? hey thanks again

Old 12-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

If the switch is in the on position then it is good. The only time this switch is tripped is if your belt comes apart and hits the switch if your belt didn't come apart and hit the switch into the off position then the belt light is just indicating that it is time to check the belt you should have i believe between 22mm and 25mm of deflection on your belt if you have more than this you can either take shims out of your secondary sheave and get a little more wear out of that belt or replace the belt.Any how if you just follow the procedure listed above with the plugs and turn the ignition to on it should reset and your on the trail again.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

hallo, mam kawasaki 750 bf and I don't know where Shall I find you connectors how write, I there no black nor grey haven't seen, you can me please write in detail where's there find,die me them to a mine enamel, (nix5@seznam.cz),thanks- czech republik

Old 12-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

Huh?

Old 12-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Try this thread...found it helpful

http://www.highlifter.com/forum/Belt...1453833/tm.htm