Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

lakota/ mojave exhaust

Old 04-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lakota/ mojave exhaust

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had a headpipe for a Lakota or Mojave... mine is rusty and i hate it. lol. so yeah, if you do tell me. And if i were to get some new handlebars, should i go renthal? And im going to get some new clutch plates and what not... mine are gettin sloppy. Thanks,

Z@c4.... or Zach =D

Old 04-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

You could get it ceramic coated...looks great and lasts long. I'd look to rocky mountain atv for the bars, I have Renthal fatbars (1 1/8") bars on my Mojave with a Tusk adapter. Holeshotz will know about the clutch more then me...but KG makes good plates for the Lakotas

Old 04-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

alright, thanks man! is getting it ceramic coated expensive? and is it black, or different colors? thanks again,

Zach

Old 04-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

kinda of...probley $50-$80 for the head pipe, it's kinda chrome silver...looks like aluminum kinda

Old 04-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

sorry it took me so long to respond....i was on vacation for a few days...........anyways the mojave head pipe wont fit a lakota so your really narrowed down to lakota head pipes and i do have my stocker for sale if u want it but you would loose performance because the trapp head pipe is bigger and has less bends......i would get it ceramiced too, it looks really cool and keeps the tempertures down alot.....you can touch it within seconds after u turn off ur lakota....as far as the bars right now im running answer alumlite II's but they dont make em anymore....they are a great bar and have lasted me over 2 yrs without bending at all....renthal and pro tappers are both good bars but i think im gonna spend the 250 bucks and give the fasstflexx bars out...if nothing else they look real cool......for the plates...get kg frictions and kg hd springs and get vesrah steels....

Old 04-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: holeshotz8436
i think im gonna spend the 250 bucks and give the fasstflexx bars out...if nothing else they look real cool....

LOL...that's what I thought about the Orange Maier plastic...then I figured out I could just cut the stockers days after I got them....gotta pay to play I guess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

hey, sorry it took me so long to respond too. But yeah, about your headpipe holeshotz... is it the stocker? or one that came with an aftermarket? and it has the ceramic tape stuff on it? and about the clutches... are Barnett clutches any good? that is what chaparral has. and I looked at the parts unlimited book at the dealer, the dude said he could get everything KG.... (springs, frictions, plates..) I didnt even know KG made everything, but would that be good? or should i jsut tell him to get me the KG springs and frictions. and the Vesrah plates. and if i were to buy everthing from the dealer and have them put it on, it would be around 300$. But the parts are about 150$... so is it hard to put the clutch and everything on if i remeber where everything goes? (i am very good at that) sorry for the long post... later guys and thanks for all the help.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

its just the plain old stock head pipe........as far as the clutch parts it sounds like you are getting way ripped off either way....i paid around 60 bucks for my springs, frictions and steels and it is super easy to install it...only took a half hour the first time i did it...all you need is a 22mm and 24mm scocket, 8mm scocket and a impact gun and you are good to go so 300 bucks is crazy and if you ask the dealer they will try to clam that is takes 2-3hrs but they are full of crap.....i would check prices at other dealers because those prices are real steep or just get the parts from greg@cwr....you might want to order a new clutch cover gasket from kawie too......

Old 05-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

yes...dealer is way out of line on prices....my KG frictions were only $28.99

Old 05-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Well that figures.... I will probaly get ahold of Greg and get him to get me some of those parts this week sometime. Going riding this weekend, HOPEFULLY I can get my friends camera out there and get me of getting some air. I got stuck in quick sand at a construction site... it was after a really bad storm, so i got really muddy... each fender had about an inch of mud on both sides, lol. but yeah, had to get my friend to pull me out. =D Oh yeah, does CWR sell the gasket? or is that just a dealer thing?? Thanks for the feedback so fast.... later

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lakota/ mojave exhaust