Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kawasaki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 10-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Default 05 Brute Force 650 question

I was running down the road at full speed, and the engine started breaking up. I looked behind me to see a cloud of white smoke. The engine stalled, I restarted and smoke is puring out of the exhaust. After a few minutes, it cleared up. It has been running fine every since. Any ideas of what could have caused this? Thanks for any feedback.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Garage is empty, add now

Check your antifreeze, a big white cloud sounds like coolant got sucked in from the head gasket, possible that a small leak got some in the combustion chamber and came out the pipe. Also, it is possible a high speed run could have pressurized the sump and forced some oil out the breather into the air box, sucking it into the carb and burning, check the air box for any oil in it, if you overfill after an oil change, this can happen. If it is running fine now, I am leaning more towards the extra oil in the box, but check both to be safe.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

most likely it was oil in your filterbox... it comes in there throught the crankcase vent line, & can be splashed up there from extended WOT runs, or if the oil is too full... when filling the oil, always fill it to 1/2 way between the add & full marks... if it is filled to the maximum when cold, it will often pump oil into the filterbox at high rpm, after warmed up...
Old 10-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to rivermud

most likely it was oil in your filterbox....>>>> I agree [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

OIL OIL OIL, Level should be below full mark for normal use
Old 10-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks to all that responded.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
05, 650, air, antifreeze, box, brute, capacity, carb, carburetor, force, full, oil, overfilling, running, smoking