Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Q's about BF 750 jet kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q's about BF 750 jet kits

My wifes uncle has the BF 750 with the low speed miss and I promised him I would put in the needles and mains from the jet kit he will buy and also a different primary spring. I am thinking on putting in an EPI Maroon, he is a hefty fella 300+lbs. Does the BF 750 have the same stock primary spring as my Prairie did? Do the BF 750 carbs have those lame brass screws like in the Prairie? Would it be possible for me to fix the low speed miss with some mains from my Dynojet Kit and my old stock needles from my prairie? I told him I would order the stuff and he will pay me back. He's gonna feed me cold beer and food while I'm there workin on it which is all I need[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just told him to get the seat and panels off before hand to save time(less work for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I dont post much, but this may help you, I have a Brute 750 also, I had the popping in the carbs even after the updated needle was installed, I thought no big deal because i was planning on a jet kit, pipe, and cdi anyway and didnt really worry about the popping in the carbs because I was going to change things around anyhow. Well I bought a full system from HMF this included both headpipes but I chose the ecosystem pipe instead of the utility for noise reasons, I installed the pipe without jetting, well the jet kit did not arrive yet at the time, and tested it out, the bike ran good but was lean, actually the header pipes would glow, some said that that was normal others said it wasnt good, then the jet kit came, so i decided to install the kit, previous to the brute I had a prarie 650 "an 03'" which wasnt that bad to work on "carb wise" the brute is a pain in the ****, you have to practically take all the plastic off just to get at the carbs and then you have to take them off the cylinder heads to work on, Well guess what same little crappy screws are being used on the brute force, yep same as the praire, I stripped the first one I tried, so out of frustration I decided that I would change only the needles and see how it runs with only that change. Besides if you think about it if you use a smaller needle, in essence your increasing the amount of fuel that will flow through your main jet, Well I put it back together, fired it up and havent touched it since, The modifications I have are twin air filter, HMF full system, Dynatek CDI, and the needle change, I think it runs fine, I did a few plug checks the color was tan on the electrode and a black ring around the first thread of the spark plug, I dont think you can get a better reading, anyway i hope this helps out, if you decide to change the mains good luck with them damn screws [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2005, 03:06 AM
Range Rover

I feared that was going to be the case, as I eyed up his Brute I thought the carbs looked more difficult to get to. I initially just changed the needles on my prairie and it ran dang good. I eventually got those dang screws off without stripping them(miracle) Thanks for the info on the personal experience with that, it is always helpful, it's what I like about this site.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Range Rover

Anyone know if the stock Prairie needles are smaller than the stock BF's?