Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

whats the best antifreeze to use?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 02:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best antifreeze to use?

Posted by Importh8r "It has the unbeleivable ability to leak out the smallest holes and clog the largest ones at the same time"

No **** have seen it with my own eye's too.
Gm charge's current list price of 18.42 per gallon for this crap I buy probably 50 gal's of this junk every day cause I'm in the vehicle service contract buisness as a claim's adjustor. You can buy genuine Ford Motorcraft coolant for 8.65$ per gal and probably cheaper aftermarket and it will be 100X better than dex cool.
Gm's are good car's cept the great idea of dex cool and 4l60e transmission's if you can avoid both of those and Caddilac's alltogether you would have a pretty decent car [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2003, 02:52 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Doctor1
Posted by Importh8r "It has the unbeleivable ability to leak out the smallest holes and clog the largest ones at the same time"

No **** have seen it with my own eye's too.
Gm charge's current list price of 18.42 per gallon for this crap I buy probably 50 gal's of this junk every day cause I'm in the vehicle service contract buisness as a claim's adjustor. You can buy genuine Ford Motorcraft coolant for 8.65$ per gal and probably cheaper aftermarket and it will be 100X better than dex cool.
Gm's are good car's cept the great idea of dex cool and 4l60e transmission's if you can avoid both of those and Caddilac's alltogether you would have a pretty decent car [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
By 4L60E you werent refering to broken sun shells were you? I love them, makes me a lot of money. I'm a flatrate tech.

Old 10-25-2003, 03:24 AM
Range Rover

The allmighty sunshell gear
When we take the claim's in our claim note's we have to put it like this
we use the three C's
1st C is what the Customer complaint is
2nd C is the cause of failure or what the shop found wrong
and the 3rd C is what the correction is
I type this exact thing several time's a day

C:Customer states trans is slipping (or) Will not move in forward gears but will go into reverse
C;Tech found code P1870 component slippage
Trans is out and apart
Tech found sunshell gear stripped
Metal contam through out contaminated the valve body and converter
clutches are burnt
C:rr with reman or over haul

I can pretty much type all of that while the service advisor is telling me what the customer complaint is because I know what they are going to say next.

By the way I was a Technician at a local Ford store for about 5 year's and still keep all of my ASE's current now I talk to dealer's allday and spend someone else's money and make more money than I was when I was a tech while sitting on my lazy @ss all day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Range Rover

Really? I,m currently making around 60k a year at the union shop i'm at. How much do you guys average for sitting on your *****? yep, no 2nd, 4th, or rev... needs a sunshell very seldom do we reman one for this., just clean her up and slam a shell in it. BTW i hear Ford is bending their techs over abarrel pretty bad right now, for once I'm glad I don't have anything to do with them. Driven fords all my life... much to my bosses dissappointment.LOL

Old 10-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Prestone "orange" anti-freeze in my truck, It isn't the Texaco or GM brand, should I drain it out????It say's dex-cool approved for Gm on the jug, but is made by prestone...no problem's yet, but don't want any either!!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like it should say "Dex-Cool approved to ruin a GM" on the jug.

Old 10-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

STAKK! Get it out of there STAKK! If you THINK it is get it out!

Old 10-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Reason i asked is on the back it meet's a few different Daimler-Chrysler spec's as well as Ford and GM spec's, it is prestone extended life antifreeze that can be used in Gm dex-cool system's, I needed to find out if this was INDEED the bad stuff, or just a long life anti-freeze from prestone that COULD be used in the GM dex-cool cooling system's.....If you think I may need to go back to the regular green prestone I'll change it tomorrow, I just never heard of any problem's until now, and since it met the Ford spec on the back of the jug, I assumed I could use it in my Ford........So.......change it be on the safe side or leave it in??????

Old 10-25-2003, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

I'll say this. If it is clean looking MAYBE leave it. If it looks dirty and not clear at all dump it.

Old 10-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Thank's Rock, I looked at a while ago, clean as a pin, but it has only been in there about 4000-5000 miles, plus I flushed the system and ran water through it for an hour before i changed it and put it and distilled in it, i may change back to the green after winter to be on the safe side....Gm must have a real problem with the stuff they are useing......

Quick Reply: whats the best antifreeze to use?