Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawi Quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawi Quality

Hey all,,was just wondering if anyone else thinks Kawasaki quality and backing their product is on the unsatisfactory side.. I am in Canada,,small town Kawi dealers closing up left and right...I still stood by my Kawi.. I have a 2002 Prairie 300,,and the reason I got it was I had a 95 300 bayou before it,,unstopable. I bet i could have ran coffee in the engine instead of oil and it would keep me going..Now this machine,,well,,I have tightened the exhaust manifold bolts..I have a leaking rear end seal,,.Now to top it off,,I bought this machine new non current 7 months ago,,it has 208 km,,thats about 130 miles,,and the seat material is ripping on bottom edges for no reason,,both sides,,and although I am still waiting for final answer from Kawasaki,,they said warranty is up go **** yourself,,thought I would pass this on to anyone else who thinks we deserve more from the companies we loyally buy from...P.S. If Kawi does come good in the end will let you all know,,thanks,,Anyone else problem like this???????????

Old 09-13-2003, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi Quality

The quality of my P650 has been top notch. My only complaint is the black plastic around the floor boards is breaking up. Its no big deal though.

Old 09-13-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi Quality

Mine is about a 9.9 on a scale of 1 to 10. I would change the design of a couple of things, but it definitely has not been problematic (1400 miles).

I'm overall much happier with the quality of my 650 than the competition.

Your dealers must stink. I know two Kawi dealers near here that are thriving. They love to sell 650's and have lots of loyal customers.

Old 09-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default Kawi Quality

My first sport quad was a Kawi, an 86 Mojave, (I know that goes back awhile) and it was all problems. When I first got it the clutch would not engage until it was warmed up. after three trips back to the dealer with them saying all okay, the clutch basket blew. sat it dealership all summer waiting to be fixed and waiting for Kawi to say if they would cover under warranty, it was still under warranty. in the end they refused to honor their own warranty and said it was my fault. cost was $660 dollars, alot of money to me at the time ( I was 15). in the end I have bought six atv's since then and 2 dirtbikes, and not a one has been a Kawi.

Old 09-13-2003, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi Quality

I have had to deal with Kawi warranty on my V-Force and it was excellent service. They took care of it at my convenience, and assured me that if it happened again(frame cracking) that they would just replace it.

The local Honda dealer here only exists because of Honda quality. The customer service and attitude of the whole place is such a turnoff it's disgusting.

Old 09-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi Quality

I've been on kawi for over 5 years in which I'm over 48000km ?? hours. ALL KAWIs I had was very very good. The kvf400 was the best for realibilty. My 650 had/is having problems however I'm very happy with it because when it works nothing comes close to that. Hondas are still realible however unfortunally I see a down grade in their quality and improvements at the same time on them too. Going back to Kawi it is very important to have a good dealer because that's what counts on dealing with kawi. Now I was with a new dealer here and at the start it was hard, but now with experince now my dealer can stand behind me. Now the dealer I had with my 400 was AWSOME the only problem was he was 2 hours away but it was worth the drive because the old kawi dealership here was impossible for me to deal with. I stongly feel that there's alot of good machines out there and defently Kawi is worth concering. Kawi Canada is not the same as Kawi USA, and talking to people in the states they typically are happier that us in Canada. Also people always complain about me having my machine in the shop or the amount of problems I have... so I have to say alot of my problems are preventive maintance and I use mine alot more than most so the average person might last a month or two well for me it's a week or two because I bought mine to drive it and I do alot of bikeing by myself so I need my bike in top notch condition and I want to be on it rather than under it working on it so my dealer does everything except clean my airfilter.

Old 09-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Kawi Quality

This V force is my third quad... the last two were Honda’s a 400EX and a 250R. I have over 2,300 hard miles on this bike in only three months... most of my rides are over 125 miles at a time averaging 26 mph (according to the GPS). I do maintain the bike very well and change the oil ever other ride, but at this point I must say I have as much confidence in this V Force as I did in my Honda 400ex.

RJ

Old 09-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kawi Quality

Originally posted by: 3TV
In the last four years I have purchased for our family of four: a total of ...

6 Yamaha, 6 Honda, 3 Polaris, 2 Kawasaki, and 2 Bombardier ATVs. Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Bombardier have been the highest quality ATVs of the bunch, and are all about equal in that regard. Honda has been a step down in quality for us, and we have consistently had more problems with our Honda ATVs. In fact, our Honda Rincon has been in the shop for the last month being repaired, and the repair will not be covered under warranty. Polaris had the poorest quality of all, and you can see from my signature that we do not own Polaris anymore.

Our local Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer provides the best service in town. Honda is by far the worst in this town, and when our current two Honda ATVs are gone I doubt we will be purchasing another one of those either. The local dealer can make a huge difference in owner satisfaction, and service has been so bad at our local Honda dealership that I do not intend to own another ATV that I have to take there to get serviced.

3TV

i got a 03 Honda rincon with 2250 miles 290hours that hasnt needed the shop yet...my friend that ownz a rincon 5000 miles on it that hasnt been in the shop....what problems have you had with ur honda... Rincon?? i brought my Vforce home broke!!

Old 09-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawi Quality

My 02 400 Prarie has helped to change the way my honda family looks at other bikes. 800 miles and the only problems have been a loose wire in the charging circuit, and some front hub noise, all covered by my highly recommended aftermarket warranty. My bro in laws 2000 honda Foreman 400, which is generally the most ultra reliable bike out, has only 56 hours on it, because it stays broken. This only proves that everyone puts out a turd every now and then, doesnt mean the whole flock is bad.