Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Looking for riding partners in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for riding partners in SoCal

My son (17) and I (56) are looking for riding partners in the Southern California area. We are more kicked-back than kick-a$$. We have been riding for years and enjoy all types of terrain but not a fan of big crowded areas with lots of drunk irresponsible riders. Glamis is not some place I have much interest in. Places we like are Calico, Stoddard Valley, Ocotillo Wells, and even Hungry Valley for a quick weekend. We like riding out at Calico and being able to visit the abandoned mines, and then do some casual plicking in camp after riding. We went to Mammoth a couple years ago and enjoyed their extensive trail system, but it was a little unnerving with just us. Ocotillo Wells is fun if you are not there on a busy weekend.

We have a Commander XT1000 as well as several ATVs (two Yamaha 700R, KFX400, Trailblazer 250). ATV riding is great since there are at least two of us. It is a little worrisome taking the CanAm out since we then have only one vehicle and if we break down that could be a problem. We also have a 31 ft Toyhauler so most of the time we go for multiple days and dry camping is not an issue. I am a fairly responsible rider and I am usually the one people come to when they break down and need to borrow a tools. (It is better to have and not need, then to need and not have).

My son is an average teenage kid. He plays waterpolo, but is not a jock. He is good hanging out with kids his age or even a couple years younger, or with the adults. I am an engineer who worked in the defense industry for decades and now have my own business doing engineering consulting with a small machine shop. I am constantly fabricating new custom add-on parts for the side-by-side and the ATV's. Sometimes my wife will come when we ride, but most of the time only if we hook up with another family.

We are open for weekends in the desert during the winter months and possible looking for company for a week long trip to Mammoth or other cooler areas during the summer.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Post your information in the Where to Ride section to get more responses.