Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

California RED STICKER

Old 07-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys... Tell me that it IS true that the red sticker law only applies to
1997 and NEWER 2 vehicles, right?

I can ride my Zilla in Pismo this time of year, correct?

Old 07-26-2002, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you are correct. Check here for a little more info on the subject. http://www.corva.org/red_sticker.html

All this is saying is that all models from January 1, 1997 and after that are 2 stroke and do not meet the air standards will receive a Calif. red sticker. I believe that if you already have a red sticker no matter what year your bike is, that you still cannot ride during certain times of the year, but, since it looks like you live and I presume are registered in Arizona, and are going to go Pismo to ride, then I don't know how this would affect you. I really don't know the rules in this situation. I would ride anyway and just play stupid if I was stopped.

I have a 90 for my kids, with a red sticker and have ridden that during the "Off" times and have never been questioned. I have read that they have been letting riders off with just a warning for a long time, and are just now starting to enforce the "red sticker" riding times that are allowed. Most areas here in So. Cal. are from October 1st thru April 30th. Ther are a few that allow riding year round and Pismo may be one of them since it is more up north. I guess if you want to play it safe, then try to call Pismo and talk to someone to find out the current regulations. There are places that I have been that a ranger is posted at the entrance to a riding area (Hungry Valley is one out by Magic Mountain) that will check your bike for a spark arrestor and sticker before you get in.

It would realy suck if you drove all that way just to find out you can't ride.

HTH.