Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

why HONDA'S are the BEST

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This story is no lie.
I work with a construction and we have a little 5.5 hp honda plate compactor. It all started when one guy ran it over with a backhoe and we had to put a new engine on it, about a week ago. On Tuesday we were digging trenges for pipe and all of a sudden it stasrted to POOR and I mean HARD(40cm in 30min). Anywhay the loader amn noticed the compactor under about 2-3 feet of water and so he dung it out. After the rain we figured the new motor was ruined but we gave it a little pull on the cord and it fired right up!!! There wasn't even water in the oil and this thing was sumerged. So i guess the moral of this sory is that HONDA'S RULE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2002, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would have to agree,
We used to own a Honda Lawnmower, and one winter we accedently left it outside at our cabin, Montana winters can be very harsh, we had about 5ft of snow that year. Later that spring when we found it, we realized what we had done, and thought for sure that water had gotten into the engine and that we might be in trouble. But with one pull she started right up!

Honda Power =]

Old 07-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

I know Honda makes good lawn mowers, I guess they make good construction equipment also!!

Maybe one day the'll wake from their coma & figure out that it's not 1989 anymore & they don't have the 250R!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! LMAO!!!!!

But to keep every one from hammering me, Hondas are bullet proof. I know they have some trick quads running around in their R&D facility & when they bring them out to play They'll be fast, handle great & be as reliable as a sewing machine.
I just hope that their out by the time I'm ready to trade in my Raptor (that gives them 2 years).

Old 07-24-2002, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

But the real amazing part is those '86 - '89 R's are still the best quads!!

Old 07-25-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I would have to agree that Honda does make the best mowers, or lawn mower engines. Down on my buddies farm in southern Ohio, we have a whole load of junky mowers. One is a self propelled, John Deere with a Honda engine in it. We found this mower in the garbage in a rich neighborhood up here in Cleveland. All we did was clean the carb and it ran like new. This thing is a 5.5 HP mower, and the it out cuts, out performs, and starts waaay easier than any of the Briggs & Stratton powered mowers. The 5.5 HP Honda will cut through TALL, wet grass with ease(I even use it to cut trails), while the 6 HP Briggs bogs out and struggles. This is why we now have a Honda mower sitting in the garage.

Also, the 1983 ATC 110 runs like new. It sits in a barn all year round. This thing is a perfect example of Honda reliability.

Old 07-25-2002, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

i have a honda lawnmower, generator, quad, and civic, and no engine problems whatsoever...but sometimes the most fun i have is jumping on my father's 1983 ATC 110 and going for a spin....i'm 6'2" so you can picture me on that little 3-wheeler....it'w quite a sight let me tell ya...that thing still runs like new (the engine that is)...everything else is pretty rough on it!!

Old 07-25-2002, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

I agree! I have 2 84honda atc200s in the back of my shop that i drag out once in awhile just to keep them running. but they always start on the first or second pull.

Old 07-25-2002, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Honda is more or less the peoples choice ,whether or not they own one.Most will concede that honda is the most reliable in the bunch.

Old 07-25-2002, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

I've got an old 73 Honda CR250M Elsinore that's all original. I torched the piston (my fault, air leak)it is a great play bike. Unfortunatly I lost the top end (head, cyl & carb) When my house burnt down. One day I'll locate a new top end & It'll probably still be running in 2033.

Old 07-25-2002, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Hay Moose,

Aren't you a Fireman, what's up with the house burning down.LOL

What are some of your time slips on your Raptor? Does that wheeliw bar Plant you front in or on take off just bump the front end back on the ground?

Thanks

Smitty

Quick Reply: why HONDA'S are the BEST