Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What exhaust for 250ex?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking into stuff for my 250 and want to get an exhaust but dont know which one to get.

I dont want something thats cheap and does little to improve the bike. I want more horse power and especially top end seeing that the 250ex tops out very slow... I have K&N filter holeshots and a bumper and can beat my friend on his 300ex w/ Power core 4, K&N, and jet kit anywhere but he kinda sucks.

Replys would help... thanks

Old 07-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

I would say that you should get the t-4 slip on. My friend has one on his 250ex, I rode it, and it was pretty powerful. I have a 400ex, and am 12 yrs. old(seriously!!), and noticed the difference. It really does stuff for it.

-D.K.

Old 07-17-2002, 11:19 PM
Range Rover

my friend has the e-series its prettygood but that is the onl pipe ive tried he got a rapter though cause he couldnt get to 250 fast enough he is also 12 but have fun which ever you choose

Old 07-18-2002, 09:17 AM
Range Rover

I have a Big gun and it is really nice..... the first time i tryed to pop a wheelie on it I pulled back gave it some gas and it went up like nothing.

Old 07-18-2002, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer

i got a pro circuit t-4 complete system and K&N Jet Kit for my EX just last week. i didnt get the time yet to ride it with it on yet, but i did have a few moments to gas it in neutral. the motor now sounds like it has some ***** to it. it's got a nice sound to it and to me it didnt seem like it was too loud. i'm going to ride first thing sunday morning so i'll give a full report on it.

Old 07-18-2002, 04:34 PM
Range Rover

if you want just a slip on get a e-series. It is great and adds lots of power. but it doesnt come with a header. I think the big gun does and they build a good pipe. just look around and see what you want to spend and what companies you like.

Old 07-18-2002, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of doing some mods to the 250ex I bought for my 14 yr old niece. I bought it because she seemed interested in racing. I know it isn't a race quad, but it is a geared tranny, and it is light. I thought it would be something that she could at least learn the competition side of atv'ing on, and still be somewhat easy on my pocketbook. Well, I'm not sure where we are on racing, but I do know that she is already pushing the limits of this bike, and I must say, I really enjoy trail riding on this thing myself. It's a fun, peppy little bike, that's easy to move around. I ride a 650lb Ute, so it doesn't take whole lot to impress me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Anyway, I really would like to get the biggest bang for the buck, here. That bore kit from Powroll sounds interesting, but I know of noone thats done it yet. Pam, from Powroll says 25%, with another 8 or 9% with aftermarket silencer. On to my question (did you think I had one?). It sounds to me as though everyone is happy with whatever silencer they choose. I'm looking for one that I can take to Silver Lake, and get through the gate. They have a 92 or 94db limit at a certain rpm, and distance. Has anyone actually had their pipes tested, and which, if any, would pass the sound test? Also, if anyone has info on that kit from powroll, i'd like to here it.
Sorry to intrude on your thread 250exhondakid, but inquiring minds want to know. hehe

Brian

Old 07-22-2002, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer

i just tried out my new Pro Circuit T-4 Complete Exhaust this morning. unlike when i first revved it in neutral a week ago, i thought this wonderful pipe was LOUD. you can barely hear the stock 250ex pipe a few hundred feet away, but with this pipe you can hear it loud and clear. the new exhaust helps give the EX put out a throaty roar that you'd swear was coming out of a piped Raptor or 400ex, just not quite as loud. the pipe itself is not that loud until you really pin the throttle hard. the roar it puts out, even at full throttle, it neither obnoxiously loud (like some of the raptor pipes are) or annoying.i have yet to do a sound test on it, but i think it should pass most sound restricted areas.keep mind that is a guess, because my riding area isn't restricted by sound.

Now on to the performance aspect.the t-4 gives one hell of a low and mid range boost and gives added power to the top-end as well. i dunno if you ride mostly tracks with jumps or tight, winding trails (i do both), but the t-4 exhaust gives a well-needed shot of power in all ranges. my dad, who rides a scrambler 500 and knows roost when he sees it, said i was DEFINITELY kicking up alot more dirt than before. the new exhaust also gives the EX a broader powerband (which is pretty broad to start off with) so less shifting is needed than before (with the exception of takeoff). the ex now accelerates in a hurry and can now haul some serious a**, provided you can shift fast enough before you hit the annoying rev-limiter. the quad now flies through corners and i'm now getting more air than ever before. i bought it for $378 and thought it was well worth it. let me know if you have any questions regarding the pipe.

Ryan

Old 07-23-2002, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

dusty, have you looked at the IDS2 or FMF mega max2 ???.....you can fine tune them to how loud it can be and/or how much power you want to put out of it. neither company makes a pipe to spcificly fit a 250ex...but i think if you odered the part number for a 300ex it would fit. Even if it didn't you would only have to fabricate a mounting kit of your own (its simple enough, my friend did it for his P360)

Old 07-23-2002, 10:16 PM
Range Rover

Nope, the IDS doesnt worked already tried and they do make a FMF Megamax 2 for it but you should go with Big gun or yoshimura.

Quick Reply: What exhaust for 250ex?