Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Plastic Cleaner - What To Use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Turtle Wax, then I put Turtle wax wet and black ($5 @ walmart, big bottle too) on everything, tires, plastic, etc!
Although, got a little carb cleaner on it, BAD! Never do that near there again.

Ron

Old 07-12-2002, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Somebody told me ( ive never tried but i want to throw it out there for ideas ) that if you have deep red plastic and it fades that WD-40 will restore it and make it shiny again. Any truth to this??

Old 07-12-2002, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

All I have ever did to my ATV plastic's was wash it with car soap and water. If you rinse it off after every ride the fenders do not stain with dirt and crud and wash it with soap once every 3 or 4 rides. I have never used a wax or polish on my quads. If you are wondering about the plastic fading over time just store your quad in the shade, put a cover on it or store it in the garage.

Old 07-12-2002, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

we wash our quads after every ride, as soon as we get home. we have a preasure washer, which works good, but i think it blows the shine off the plastic, my brother puts it on low preasure to due the plastic, and his still got the shine of a new one. WD-40 will make your quad shinny, but it will also fade it out quickly. but if your quad is already faded it doesn't realy matter. the dust sticks to WD-40 though, realy bad. When you guys talk about turtle wax, i hope you don't mean that you put it on and buff it off like a car, you must mean some kind of spray on type, like armourall.

Old 07-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

we wash our quads after every ride, as soon as we get home. we have a preasure washer, which works good, but i think it blows the shine off the plastic, my brother puts it on low preasure to due the plastic, and his still got the shine of a new one. WD-40 will make your quad shinny, but it will also fade it out quickly. but if your quad is already faded it doesn't realy matter. the dust sticks to WD-40 though, realy bad. When you guys talk about turtle wax, i hope you don't mean that you put it on and buff it off like a car, you must mean some kind of spray on type, like armourall.

Old 07-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

it doubled up on me, how do i delete a post????????

Old 07-12-2002, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

<< we wash our quads after every ride, as soon as we get home. we have a preasure washer, which works good, but i think it blows the shine off the plastic, my brother puts it on low preasure to due the plastic, and his still got the shine of a new one. WD-40 will make your quad shinny, but it will also fade it out quickly. but if your quad is already faded it doesn't realy matter. the dust sticks to WD-40 though, realy bad. When you guys talk about turtle wax, i hope you don't mean that you put it on and buff it off like a car, you must mean some kind of spray on type, like armourall. >>

I buff mine on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2002, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

I had a 300ex with black fenders that would really show the deep scratches(more like gouges). I applied a liberal amount of mop'n'glo and it worked pretty good.

Old 07-12-2002, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

I hear spray Pam woorks pretty good! How about rubbing butter on it! Or lets try some axle grease. Its waterproof! Might help keep the bike from getting wet! LOL!

Old 07-14-2002, 02:03 AM
Trailblazer

The Turtle Wax I mentioned in not a wax, but is Turtle Wax brand (as mentioned in my previous post...) 2001 Super Protectant.

It is a product that is similar to Armor All. It is a newer product (for what ever that is worth...).

In my opinion, it works much better than Armor All when applied to plastic. I have used both, and like the end result of the Turtle Wax 2001 Super Protectant as compared to Armor All.

I have also used regular Turtle Wax brand WAX on my plastic. I applied the wax and buffed it out with a buffing wheel. The end result is not nearly as good as the 2001 Super Protectant. The wax didn't leave the shine I was hoping for, while the 2001 Super Protectant did.

Regards,

Rog

Quick Reply: Plastic Cleaner - What To Use?