Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon The perfect geriatric ATV

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 04:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I consider me making fun of them a motivator. Metabolite does not cause heart attacks. It increases your heart rate. Do you still think it would be on the market if it did? Show me some proof and I will believe you. I myself saw the commercial for FenFen and Redux.
I'm not sure if it increase your heart rate it would put more stress on the blood vessels and all....so if overdosed it could cause heart attacks. But I don't think so with normal reccomended dosage. But if you can prove me wrong. My mom takes metabolite. I might just want to know.
I don't care what you say,I dont make fun of fat-***** to make myself feel better,I try to make them feel bad enough to do something about it.

Old 07-11-2002, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

I usually hang out in these forums to learn, but this is of great topic has gone somewhere I think I can actually add some help.

Metabolite does not "Burn Fat" It is a cocktail of herbal stimulants that are very dangerous to some people.

The reason they can sell it and it is not off of the market is because they have been very very careful with their sly marketing and avoiding "drug claims". You will note that it is labelled as a dietary supplement. It falls under the FDA (Food and Drug Admin) "Dietary supplement and health education act of 1994" you are welcome to read it and see all of the nice loopholes.
It will also likely have small print saying "this product has not been evaluated by the FDA to prevent or cure disease". Most door to door diet pill sales fall in this category

There are people who cannot help obesity. Some have thoght it was all controlled by the leptin gene, but that may not be the case as it may be dependant on multiple alleles.

If you look at the ancestory of many fat families, you will notice that they evolved from an agrarian society. They were able to survive by being able to store lots of fat when in a "fed" state.

You can see this alot now if you travel the rest of the world. In China where 85% of the population are still basic farmers, they are rarely overweight. When you get into the city's and sedentary lifestyles, you will find more overweight people.

If you wish to discuss this furhter, I would be glad to, I have a PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry and find these discussions fun.

Old 07-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< There are people who cannot help obesity. Some have thoght it was all controlled by the leptin gene, but that may not be the case as it may be dependant on multiple alleles.

>>

Not to argue with you, but surely you have heard that if the amount of calories expended exceeds the amount of calories taken in, you will lose weight. There may be a few cases where obesity is uncontrollable, but you are talking about a very small percentage. I have nothing against overweight people. I don't even have anything against overweight people that have terrible diets and never exercise, as long as they don't start complaining that its in their genes to be fat.

Old 07-11-2002, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with you completely, so you are not arguing with me. I also said some cant control it, ot &quot;all&quot;. That is the most basic form of weight control, but people loose sight of it. A bit of simple math is to take your body weight in kg and raise it to the .75 power. This becomes your metabolic body weight. Multiply that by 110 and that is your maintenance calorie requirement.

Old 07-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

Last1Left,

Your age and your ignorance ( if you dont know the real meaning then look it up ) obviously shows how naive you are. I can assure you that making fun of fat people will not make them try to lose weight. You cannot help people by putting down on them, that makes them angry. Whenever you put down on someone it makes them feel that they dont measure up to YOUR standards, I can bet that they really dont give a gosh d**n about whether or not they meet up to par in your eyes. Want to help someone???? Try positive reinforcement and helpful thoughts, stand behind someone, not put them down. I have several close friends that are overweight, some of them do not even care, but i dont make light of their situation because they ARE people with feelings also.

Then again, maybe i shouldnt even be talking to you. I mean you are a 13 year old with so much knowledge about the body and how it works , ( ie. its metabolism , etc, etc ) . You are such a genius LAST1LEFT , you have to be the smartest 13 year old on the planet!

Old 07-11-2002, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, Hey, Hey..... My forum has been Hi-Jacked by a couple of &quot;Jenny Craig&quot; , &quot;Richard Simmons&quot; groupies.

Old 07-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

The only differnce between Jenny Craig, Richad Simmons (despite the obvious) and myself is that I am educated and they are rich.

Old 07-11-2002, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer

<<
Last1Left,

Your age and your ignorance ( if you dont know the real meaning then look it up ) obviously
shows how naive you are. I can assure you that making fun of fat people will not make
them try to lose weight. You cannot help people by putting down on them, that makes them
angry. Whenever you put down on someone it makes them feel that they dont measure up
to YOUR standards, I can bet that they really dont give a gosh d**n about whether or not
they meet up to par in your eyes. Want to help someone???? Try positive reinforcement
and helpful thoughts, stand behind someone, not put them down. I have several close
friends that are overweight, some of them do not even care, but i dont make light of their
situation because they ARE people with feelings also.

Then again, maybe i shouldnt even be talking to you. I mean you are a 13 year old with so
much knowledge about the body and how it works , ( ie. its metabolism , etc, etc ) . You
are such a genius LAST1LEFT , you have to be the smartest 13 year old on the planet!
>>

I know for a fact that it will make them want to change themselves. I made fun of two kids this guy Johnny who was 5'2 210lbs and blake who was 5&quot;0 170lbs. After a few months of me messing with blake he lost45lbs. I said &quot;ah your not so chubby anymore&quot;. Now I don't make fun of him anymore. Johnny lost 35lbs,but he's in football I learned and needs to keep being big,so I stopped trying with him.

When people make fun of me about stuff,I immediately want to go home and change it,so they cant make fun of me anymore! Thats the whole concept! I have many frends! But none of them are fat *****!

Oh and thanks 2 the guy that told me about metabolite being crap,I'm gonna tell my mom about that and to stop using it.

I'm not going to start calling people ignorant,or saying they're stupid because of there ,because that is stupid. And to think I was wondeering about going riding with you razor.

Old 07-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

you probably wouldn't have to go very far to tell your mom that as you probably still live at home. you are pathetic and a moron. the replies in this post are about as dumb as the ones in another post.

Old 07-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

I'm 13 so yeah I'm living with my mom. YOU are pathetic calling me a moron,when you dont have the ***** to back it up. Why am I a moron? Just because you don't agree with me on certain subjects doesn't make me a moron. Corndog,is that you?

Quick Reply: Rincon The perfect geriatric ATV