Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Drink holders for ATVs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the new Sport-Utility ATVs becoming so big, luxurious and feature-loaded,
I was recently thinking that it would be cool to have a develop a drink holder
or two. Anyone else with me on this? Any Ideas?

- Possible locations?
- Types of containers it should hold?
- Useful for riding or just while parked?
- What's it worth?

Old 07-10-2002, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest putting it just below and to the right of the DVD player.

Since we often ride on long, hot, dusty trails, the cup holder needs to be big enough to hold one of those 64 oz. Big Gulp cups that you get at Pilot Mini-marts.

Just like many of the aftermarket rack-mounted seat/backrests and rear fender footrests, keep in mind that ALL drink holders are only to be used to enhance your enjoyment while relaxing beside the trail with your ATV stopped, key out of the ignition and the rear rack securly chained to a tree. Any cup holders capable of holding drinks in excess of 90 cc must only be used by ATV operators 16 years of age or older.

Gallon of gas for your ATV - $1.35. New set of mud-bogging tires - $350.00. Ability to park your SUVATV besides a killer mudhole, watch multitudes of sport bikes bury themsleves in slime while you lounge back in air contidioned comfort sipping a brewski - Priceless.

Old 07-10-2002, 01:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just buy a CamelBak. Holds 1,2,3,4 liters of water(depending on which one you buy) fits on your back like a backpack and you have a tube that you sip out of and it take no effort and you can get a drink anytime all day long. Works great on those long rides in the hot humid sun.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

I see alot of people with those little cupholders that have the little hooks on them that lay on the rack. But, in my experience, ATV's just vibrate a little much for my drinking taste, the only way you can keep it from foaming,fizzing, or pressurizing into a gigantic spewing can of Budweiser ( hehe ) would be to hold it your hand, not a safe thing to do! and remember, enjoy that Bud after you've parked your bike for the night and you sitting on the sandbar next to the fire and the steaks!

Old 07-12-2002, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

Dont buy camelbak stuff. they made an alliance with the treehuggers.

Old 07-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

whats wrong with a canteen, or water bottle????

Old 07-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

Don't listen to pimpbot, He doesn't know what he's talking about. Trust me he looks like a fruit out on the trails with with his camel toe, sipping from his little straw. AWWWW How cute. Just kidding PJ.... I'm just too cheap to buy one, a water bottle in a back pack with my tools works fine for me.

Old 07-12-2002, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

No camelback for me either. I have what looks sort of like a small messenger bag, or an overgrown fanny pack (sort of). It had a drink setup built into it, ripped that out, and it holds water bottles on the left and right, with lots of storage for stuff inside. It's made by Da Kine and is real comfy while riding. Not bulky like a pack, not too small for all your stuff like a fanny pack.

Old 07-12-2002, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

I added one to my quad. I bought a cup holder that is for a boat. It mounts flat and swivels whenever the angle changes so it doesn't spill or pour out. I mounted it to my front rack and it does great. It even has a built in cuzee to keep my soda cool. It cost me about 10 bucks.

Old 07-12-2002, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

<< ATV's just vibrate a little much for my drinking taste, >>

Hmm put foam in the drink holder and little shock absorbers under it so it wont vibrate too much.

<< a gigantic spewing can
of Budweiser
>>

Since when is that a bad thing? lol.

Quick Reply: Drink holders for ATVs...