Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

WHO WANTS HONDA TO BUILD A BIGGER EX

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 01:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little400 wants honda to build a CHROMOLY frame, and at least a 51' wide, 61' long, and as big as a 400ex. It should also make 80 ponies at the crank, run at a top speed of 80 mph, and have 16" of suspension travel on each end. It should also be offered in black, and red. Pooh on yellow, that's a SOSUKI color. And so they can't get sued, they should make the customers sign a patent saying they will not sue them if they get hurt in an accident.

Old 07-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer

That is what I am waiting on. I hope that SOB flies...

Old 07-08-2002, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

THEY WONT!!! They will not put the crf450 engine in a quad frame!
Because wasn't it that particular engine that,needed the rings changed every 40 hours? Not everybody is going to do that....which would cause the machines to break down....which would screw up Hondas reputation of reliability. I think they will use the XR650 engine in a quad. It already has the r&d cut out for it.

But I will still take a 400EX anyday,cuz a 650 is too much engine for me!

Old 07-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Why not just go buy a dale and support the RED WHITE and BLUE? Hey, at Least Cannondale is trying to give you what you want....you just might be pleasently surprised.

But I hope Honda makes a new sport quad too.

Old 07-09-2002, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

Everybody Does!

But it will be another couple of years, because honda just relased the 400 3 years ago.
Honda always puts lots of time designing atv's. Thats why they come out so relaible. This means it will most likely be another year or two before it comes out. Plus honda wouldn't start designing a new atv right as the 400 came out. They may have began designing last year, which would men at least one more yaer before the new sport comes out.

Honda wouldn't just throw a new atv together so it will take time. Patience is the key

Old 07-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Bigger EX??? Sport Quad??

HOW ABOUT A BIG BORE R (That stands for RACE!!!!!)

You can keep your thumpers! Electric Start? Reverse? All weight adding crap that doesn't need to be there!

Give me a REAL performance machine based on the CR500 platform! Suzuki had the intestinal fortitude to do it in the late '80s (God rest their souls)
The 250R was and still is THE legendary race quad... how about bringing that back into production along with a big bore????

I'd buy that!

Until the manufacturers step up to the plate and make a true performance/race quad, I'll ride my antiques!
Not meaning to bash you thumper guy's.... it's just 4-strokers aren't my thing (Power to weight ratio, and Bang for the $$$$ mods)
They certainly have their place, just not in the performance market... Sport yes, performance big difference!

Old 07-10-2002, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

Every MX track I go to, there is a sea of 400ex's. A raptor here and there, maybe a few 250r's, z400. But the 400ex's dominate the mx tracks by me. O and I just want to point out, That the track I race at, has yet to see a cannondale in the field.

Old 07-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

The last race I went to had 4 Cannondale's not including mine because I wasn't racing, and I always get people coming up to me asking about them. A lot of them (the serious racers) say they are trying to sell their quads to buy a Cannondale and stuff like that. The fact that Cannondale is still on there second year model quads (almost to the third year models) and there are already lots of them showing up in the GNC's, shows that the Dales are doing pretty damn good. Just look at the Results for the 4-stroke championships... You'll see Cannondale, Cannondale, Cannondale, Honda, Cannondale.

I really don't see why some people absolutely hate Cannondales and yet they say they are totally in love w/ quads and quad racing. Even if I didn't own a Dale, I would still have A LOT of respect for the ONLY COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY SUPPORTS QUADS! I know one guy that absolutely can't stand them. He thinks he can out run any Cannondale in the world and if he loses, it's because "he doesn't have his 440 kit yet." You know, now that I think of it, 400ex riders are the only ones that really seem to dislike the Dales. Raptor owners just like jokin around with us and vise versa, but A LOT of EX riders seem to have some kind of "anti-Cannondale" thing goin on.

Duneaddict - 4-strokes aren't high performance????? LOL, I guess a majority of the Pro GNC riders just got tired of high performance and switch to sport quads huh? I mean, hell, Tim Farr's CRF440 isn't high performance, Creeches YZF440 isn't either. Doug Gust he definitely doesn't have a high performance quad... I mean his DRZ440 has ELECTRIC START! Well crap... now that I think of it, most of the top riders in the Pro class all ride "sport" quads, cause they certainly aren't highperformance because they're 4-strokes.

P.S. If you couldn't tell... I was being sarcastic in that last paragraph.

Old 07-10-2002, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, buy the Cannondale and tell Honda to p*ss off. If they do build one it will be some limp wristed attempt so they don't have to hear all you little weasels b*tching about having to change the piston & rings because you can't read a shop manual and work on your 4-stroke yourself. How long do you get out of a 250R top end when you're riding the p*ss out of it. They won't build that race machine because of all the b*tchy little weasels that want one but cant afford to, or don't have the knowledge to maintain a RACING machine. Plus, as Cannondale's results are showing, there is not much demand for a true racing machine (maybe they need to make it red and put Honda stickers on it). Just my $.02

P.S. The CRF450 motor does not need to have the piston and rings changed that often, there are many people getting 100 hr out of a top end on machines used for RACING. 100 hours is a lot of track time, I've got a 250R and would NEVER let the top end go 100 hours.

Old 07-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

Limp-wristed attempt? ALL of Hondas quads are solid. I bet there will be a 650EX in September. ALOT of people like fast raceing quads,for recreational use. So a cr450 engine that needs arseloads of maintenance wouldn't be a honda thing. Cuz like I said it screws up Hondas rep of reliability. crf450 engine in a quad from honda is a dream.

Quick Reply: WHO WANTS HONDA TO BUILD A BIGGER EX