Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon ride review...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rincon review

Looks like Honda dropped the ball for the aggressive riders.... Too much money to be mediocre.

Old 07-02-2002, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

If you want to be very aggressive get a sport quad not a 4x4. It will probably be good for 4x4 guys who like to ride fast, not for someone wanting a 250R with 4WD.

Old 07-02-2002, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like you may be right ! Hope is good enough for my riding.

Old 07-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the information. I hope it will be what we are waiting for a good trail machine with IRS. I don't know if it will be great in the mud.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2002, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

killer 250 r..

What I mean is, Its not pushing the envolope like the 650 prairie did, someone needs to make a sport/utility 4x besides Kawi. Try going through mud and rocky trails in Maine with a sport quad. AINT GONNA HAPPEN. So for all the sport riders up here who like to trail ride and not just pit ride, you need 4x4...

Old 07-03-2002, 07:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

"Honda is actually classifying the new Rincon 650 as a recreational machine, not a utility machine and not a sport machine. "

is this a good thing? a big-bore with no utility capabilities?
a big-bore with no sport?

-MT

Old 07-03-2002, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

Grizzjeeper....i think honda HAS pushed the envelope here...there are some pretty innovative features on this machine.....also you picked up only on the ONE negative thing in the article...."not for overly-agressive riders"....if youre overly aggressive don't buy it...doesn't mean it's not a great machine...according to the article, it is a great machine...however, i place NO trust whatsoever in reviews that are paid for by Honda, Yamaha, Polaris or whatever...i get the best reviews in these ATV forums...and the Rincon ain't out long enough for someone to tell me whether or not it's a good machine.

Old 07-03-2002, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

One thing in this article that did irk me was the claim that Honda's torque-sensing limited slip front differential sends the power to the wheel with the most traction...i know of a lot of honda owners (including myself) who would disagree with this statement.

Old 07-03-2002, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

The torque sensing diff id a joke, its the same AP diff as on the rancher/forman/rubicon and suzuki modles. Yes it works better than a traditional clutch pack, but does not send power to wheel with traction... Its still a limited slip... cone style limited slip. I am sure this machine will be a great machine for allot of people. I was really thinking they were going to go in either a head to head with the Grizz/sportsman crowd or take on the Pairie crowd. To me it seems like its to much in the middle. I hope I am wrong. Maybe I was just expecting more.

I figured since they already DOMINATE the utility market, they were going to make this one really sporty.

Old 07-03-2002, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Well that was a disapointment. I was hoping that it would be as sportior as the prarie 650 but it doesnt sound like it. No diff locker no front disc brakes. Atleast it sounds like a super ride except for soft supension. Though they didnt mention anything about the yellow switch above the traxlock button.

Quick Reply: Rincon ride review...