Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon ride review...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's no way it will be as quick as the Prairie 650 or the sportsman 700, a single cylinder won't be able to match the out put of twins. and your right we'll have to wait till they're out, mine is suppose to be in around mid August.

Old 07-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

I'm also with ostie.... Disc vs. drum is the stupidest debate I have ever heard.

I'm gonna pull a polaris line "if you maintain them" Drums are far superior in a 4X4 applications. Also they require far less maintance.

I have ridden quads a long time and honda's triple sealed drums have yet to let me down. Where I ride Discs are not an option.

Old 07-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like bear bait to me. Sorry have to have to bump this sorry thread to the top. ( Just think I could be refering to "bear bait" as it'll be running miles out in front of the rest attracted LE attention, NOT. )

Old 07-04-2002, 09:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I certainly hope you guys are right about the triple sealed brakes on the Rincon?I've had nothing but problems with every drum style brake I've ever mudded with,including Honda.

Time will tell?

Bill

Old 07-04-2002, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Depending on your riding and if you use a marine grade grease on the seals every so many miles,for my riding I do them every 600 miles and I now over 4600 miles on my bike and all my brakes are still like new and I do use them ,but if you are the type who will not clean and grease the seals they would be junk , in my case they always work and save me lots of money compared to the other atv's I have owned with disk brakes.

Old 07-04-2002, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

That review wasn't too good. I thought that article was a ride review? Most of the article was a description of the specs that have been on the Honda website for a while. The short ride review part had few details.

Old 07-04-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I think the Rincon will be a good reliable quad, the transmission is much better than a belt drive and it will be a great mudder or casual trail machine. Even Honda says it is an suv not a sport utility machine. But in all fairness to say this quad is pushing the technological envelope is a streach. As with all IRS rear suspension quads it will be tippy in high speed turns and the front end will want to push. With all of Hondas resources they could have blown away all competition but they know they will sell every one they can make.
Bearman

Old 07-04-2002, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My current bike is the first all disc machine I have owned. I have spent more money on brakes in the last 2 months (not done yet either), than in the previous 10 years combined. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2002, 07:23 AM
Pro Rider

That is the exact reason I was happy the rincon had drum brakes in the front and dissapointed at the disk in the rear! My wolverine and polaris gave gave a bad taste of disk brakes and do not want them any more,I would prefer to spend a bit of time then more of my money.

Old 07-05-2002, 07:43 AM
Trailblazer

hillbillyhonda
Does seem kinda funny, judging by your signature--you bought a Honda! And your telling everyone to quit by honda's till them build them right!!
If you don't like them don't buy them.

Quick Reply: Rincon ride review...