Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register ATV Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendors
Search
Welcome to ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 04-25-2002, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

My 01 250 ex seems to be leaking gas when sitting. It drips out of a plastic thing with a hole in it under the gas tank. The drips hits around the oil dipstick. I've turned the gas off and ran the gas out of the carb till it quits but still leaks. Anybody know the deal on this?? It seems where it leaks out is for some type of overflow or something, maybe something stuck in the carb? It doesn't seem to do it when running or at least I hope it wouldn't, just stinking the garage up for now. Any insight appreciated...
Old 04-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

C'MON FELLAS???
Old 04-25-2002, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

the hole by the fuel shutoff? have you rolled it yet? i looked at out 250ex and it looks like the fuel shutoff could break in a rollover. time to remove and inspect eh.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I haven't rolled it but I'm sure the owner before me did, although it is in good shape. The fuel **** is in tact and seems to work, it won't start with the gas off, etc. The hole I'm referring to is above the fuel **** in a black platic piece under the gas tank. It is a factory hole that looks like it is there to drain an overflow or something. Any help appreciated once again.
Old 04-26-2002, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

ANYBODY?
Old 04-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Actually, the black platic piece is what the Fuel shut off is inside of. There is a drain hole in it. Seems tight, must be something with the fuel shut off. Very annoying problem, but thankfully doesn't do it when running or it would be dangerous. Luckily it's sold for $2k. Nice bike though.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
250, 250cc, 250ex, carb, carburetor, fuel, gas, hobda, honda, leaking, leaks, overflow, shut