Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Lowes battery

Old 07-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowes battery

Has anyone ever bought an atv battery from Lowes? It's called Magna Power and the CCA's weren't listed so I'm not sure if it will start my recon or not. Does anyone have any info on these batteries?

Old 07-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by pinetag
Has anyone ever bought an atv battery from Lowes? It's called Magna Power and the CCA's weren't listed so I'm not sure if it will start my recon or not. Does anyone have any info on these batteries?
Its a decent battery. I replaced the one in my Nephews Brute with one from NAPA, then I seen them at Meijer's in their Automotive section. Just make sure the terminals are where you want them (+ vs -, right or left, top or side... etc.)

Old 07-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

I bought a car battery from WalMart once. Took it home and the terminals were switched. I took it back to Walmart to the battery section which was in the back of the store. I had parked back there so it was a short walk with a heavy battery. The guy said "Oh, you have to take that to the front to customer returns." Man. I left the battery with him, walked all the way to the front of the store to get a cart (that's a long way in WalMart), pushed the cart all the way back, put the battery in it and pushed it all the way to the front to returns. She scanned my receipt and credited me $5. I said "What?? I am returning this because it's the wrong one." She said "We only give $5 for batteries." I said "You don't understand. I bought this 30 minutes ago. It is the wrong one. I want to get the right one." She said "Sir, our computer does not have provisions for that. I can only give you $5." I finally got the manager over but he had to hand write a return receipt for the full price because their computers can't do that for a battery. Sheesh. WalMart. Don't get me started. Oh wait. I guess I'm the one that started on WalMart. Sorry.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Trailblazer

Thats why you take the core into the store with you... and compare it to the new one.

Besides you're the one who brought up Wal-mart.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Range Rover

Well I'm hoping it has enough because I googled the manufacturer # and it looks like it has 300 CCA. I also spoke to the department supervisor at Lowes and asked if I could return if I put the acid in and it wasn't enough to crank it, he said yes. I figure for $35 I will give it a shot. The dimensions are almost idenitcal so it will fit in the battery box and the posts look the same as well.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:30 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

What kind of ATV do you have, we look up the cranking amps on my friends 500 foreman it is like only 230 or 250.

300 should turn over a 680 Rincon. Another important number to look at is "AH" Amp Hours.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

Get a gell cell magna battery. No acia to add and it comes charged.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Range Rover

Hey jerkyking, would you also get gell cell magna battery at napa and what is he price range on them? thankyou

Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Trailblazer

Can't recall exactly, but they were under $40.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Range Rover

So I went ahead and got the battery (Magna Flow) from Lowes and it works great. It was a little bit of a pain adding the acid but for $35 it is worth it. She started up first crank and it seems odd but it feels like it runs a little smoother too. I don't know how the battery would make a difference but maybe it's just cause I hadn't ridden in a couple months.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowes battery