Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 02-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Is it allright to use gasoline to clean air filter. Let me know if I should be using something else.

Thanks Ryan
Old 02-05-2002, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I always use a regular garden hose. Do you have a Foam filter or paper? I would be careful with using gas on foam filters, it might eat it. Hot soapy water works best for foam filters, and spraying the paper ones from the inside out works best, for me anyway. Just make sure to rinse out all the soap real good and let it dry before reinstalling.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

If you have a K&N like element, K&N's cleaning kit works really good. If you have a foam filter like UNI, PJ1 makes two cans that you need. One is in a red spray can, and the other is blue. They are filter cleaner, and filter oil. That stuff works by far the best than anything I have ever seen.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I agree with MXracer...I just use hot water and dish soap to clean the filter. I then let it dry (make sure all the soap is out) and soak it with some 10W30 and wring it out good. I've never had a problem with any of my filters.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I forgot to add....gas will ruin a foam filter by drying it out and making it brittle over time. Yes I did use gasoline when I was a newbie and toasted a perfectly good filter. lol
Old 02-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Don't use gas on your filter. It will dry it out. Dish soap works well. The PJ1 stuff works great. You can actually see it work as you spray it on. Definitely rinse it from the inside out. Motor oil does not have the stickiness to stay on the filter properly to catch the dirt. Use real filter oil.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
air, airfilter, atv, brand, clean, cleaner, cleaning, dried, filter, filters, foam, gasoline, soap, solvent, spray