Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register ATV Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendors
Search
Welcome to ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 05-13-2001, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

My 400EX is ready for new brake pads all around, and I don't know what kind to buy. I've looked at EBC, SBS, Braking, and stock Honda pads. I want them to hold up to the punishments of agressive riding. What kind should I get?
Old 05-13-2001, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Does anyone know?
Old 05-13-2001, 11:50 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

I have only had to replace the rears on my '99 400EX. I have used EBC 3 times, stock once, and Braking twice. The best pads I have found are Braking. The EBC pads, in my opinion, wore out way too fast. I tried the sintered metal and kevlar EBC's and they just didn't last. I have had good luck with the Braking pads. They seem to last for about 500 miles a set.
Old 05-14-2001, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

EBC's are the best, but they don't make them yet for my DS so I'm going with DP. Never used them before so....... But EBC have never failed me in the past.
Old 05-14-2001, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I got sick of changing my rear pads every 3 rides, so the last set I put on there were EBC severe duty pads (I think...) I have been using them for over a year and they are still only half gone. I must have changed pads 4 times in one year before these. The only bad thing is they don't grab as hard when you hit the brakes. You have to push a little harder on the pedal. I don't really use the back brakes that much so I am used to it anyway. (they still wear out even if you don't use them?!)
Old 05-14-2001, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I went through at least two sets of stock honda rear pads in only a few months. I am now using EBCs top of the line pad whatever it is...cant remember. They seem to be holding up way better as for stopping power I have stainless lines so they might make up for what Phil Moore was saying.

Adam Smith

99 400EX
Old 05-14-2001, 08:58 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
400ex, atv, atvs, brake, break, buy, fourwheelers, good, kind, pad, pads, quad, rear, shoes, type