Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX90 Questions??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX90 Questions??

Just got home from buying a 2006 trx90 as a surprise for our son and have a few questions.....

I would really like do buy all new black plastics so it has the "new" look when he first sees it. Where is a good place to buy the OEM plastics online? We don't have a dealer close so that is not really an option.

It has a Pro Circuit pipe on it now, is that a good pipe? If not what would be a better alternative?

I don't have a owners manual right now, and need to know what the oil capacity is and is 10w40 the suggested weight?

And lastly......is there anything else I should be considering on this quad?

Thanks again for all the help!!

Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Eyetattoo
Just got home from buying a 2006 trx90 as a surprise for our son and have a few questions.....

I would really like do buy all new black plastics so it has the "new" look when he first sees it. Where is a good place to buy the OEM plastics online? We don't have a dealer close so that is not really an option.

It has a Pro Circuit pipe on it now, is that a good pipe? If not what would be a better alternative?

I don't have a owners manual right now, and need to know what the oil capacity is and is 10w40 the suggested weight?

And lastly......is there anything else I should be considering on this quad?

Thanks again for all the help!!

The first place I'd look for new plastics is eBay. There's a lot of people that will take newer quads and just part them out. I just got a full set of plastics with mounting brackets and every thing, in lightly used condition for almost half the price of brand new ones. But the next place I would look is partzilladotcom, there oem prices are far lower than any other site I've seen, and I've looked at a lot.

And for the oil, 10 w40 is a pretty safe bet. I use it in almost all my machines. Yamalube is what a lot of people use. But it should be wet clutch plate friendly. ��

Also, I've never had a pro circuit pipe, but I hear there pretty decent.

Hope that helps some...

-Pierce

Old 06-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to my Clymer manual, 10W40 is recommended and it takes 1 qt. Any pipe will flow better than the stocker, but it is only a 90 so I am not sure how big of a gain you are going to get vs sound. Big bore kits and head work seems to be the best bet for when he needs more power. Don't forget to budget to make it wider!

Here is a neat vid. I think this build is pretty typical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rvj1GLGSoE

Old 07-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Range Rover

Well here is a update, spent the better half of the morning yesterday cleaning up the 90 and putting on the new plastics. In the process I found that I need to replace the K&N filter with UNI foam filter, need a new chain and need to order new splash guard as a couple of the fasteners are broken. All is all I think it is looking great, cant wait for him to see it next month in Pismo.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where did you end up getting the plastics?

Old 07-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Range Rover

A frind of mine owns a bike shop so he was able to get them to me for slightly less than Rockymountain could have. If you are near the Davis, CA area I can get you his information.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Range Rover

Here is a picture that you can actually see!

[IMG]2014-07-06_13.51.31 by eyetattoo, on Flickr[/IMG]