Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

First Look: 2015 Honda Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
the reason I mentioned tire size wasn't due to the weight- was due to the radius. Identical engines will spin the smaller tire faster off the line, makes it easier to move the weight- the larger tire requires more power to spin it as fast.
I understand that. Drive ratios gear ratios and clutching also play a huge roll. Was just pointing out the heavier/taller rear tires Ive been running.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:12 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

honestly- the whole power to weight ratio is a fictitious premise
I agree. I have a 120lb heavier SP500 4x4 then my friend's 500 4x4 Foreman yet I can out accerated it and have a much faster top speed.
The reason is one has a 36hp OHC and the other a 28hp OHV, it just has 30% more HP, its that simple.

Even when I have a passenger that adds another 140lbs I still out run the Foreman.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default It isn't all about power and features.

People continue to overlook the fact that it isn't always all about HP or specific features. I've owned/fixed most of them. Polaris is the best on paper in a lot of ways, but I've owned them...after the new wears off - they break - a lot.

Honda puts durability/reliability higher on the prority list and to acheive that they make more conservative design decisions. Sure you can find individual problems but over all they have a better maintenance to use hour ratio than the rest. Particularly after a few years.

Also, a few years ago I read some Honda literature that pointed out they design their ATVs to be easier on the environment in several ways, one of which is to moderate engine power to reduce trail damage. I don't really agree with that part but it explains a lot.
The Rincon is ideal for the audience it was designed for...I'm one of them. PS would be a nice addition but other than that it is perfect for my use...which is trail riding. The steering is extreemly good and only takes effort in situations that any non-PS ATV would.
If you want to snorkel/bog/Abuse your ATV - get a Polaris or Can Am and replace it regularly...they will be breaking sooner than a Honda anyway. At least while they are running, they will outperform equivalent Hondas.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:24 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Well if you want Japanese reliability yet stay in the hp game then a 700 Grizzly or 750 KQ have much more power then a 680 Rincon.
Plus you get low range and true AWD lockers on top of the power increase.

Honda does not have the reliability part to them selves now a days.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:49 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone who believes Honda is more reliable than any other brand, simply has very little understanding of the atv industry.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:02 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nondem
Also, a few years ago I read some Honda literature that pointed out they design their ATVs to be easier on the environment in several ways,.

The steering is extreemly good and only takes effort in situations that any non-PS ATV would.
it's not just about how easy it is to steer; it's more about the dampening of bar deflection while ascending / descending steeper rocky hills or rough wooded trails- and having a better sense of overall control of your machine. this is my 120lb wife riding my outlander 1000 max xt with 28" mega meyhams up a rather steep rocky hill- she could've done it one-handed with full control- zero bar deflection when she glances a rock or hits an uneven rut thanks to DPS. that's her 2nd time on that atv- and seldom rids at all.

If you want to snorkel/bog/Abuse your ATV - get a Polaris or Can Am and replace it regularly...they will be breaking sooner than a Honda anyway. At least while they are running, they will outperform equivalent Hondas.
I don't even know how to respond to that bs.

Attached Thumbnails First Look: 2015 Honda Rincon-owls-nest-atvc-20-.jpg