Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

two fl350 blown top ends in less then an hour wtf.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two fl350 blown top ends in less then an hour wtf.

i took both my 85 fl350's out today and it sounds like i blew both tope ends. these motors where just rebuilt 3 rides ago . so heres what happend.. i was just putting around in them for a good 45min and did a couple high speed runs and bamm just stalls and that was it. attempted to restart but no compression whatsoever . second odyssey same story putted around 45 min top speed run down the straight maybe held it for a good 8 seconds and stall and dead but there is still compression but the pull start feels like there is some metal to metal contact in there ?. so anyways how do u guys think this is gonna run me to get these two guys up and running again ?

a few more th9ings worth noting.

weather somewhere in the 90s and terrain sand and gravel really loose stuff. elevation not too sure but i was san bernandino so im guessing sea level or slightly above.

both odyssey have less than 30 hours and both are running bigger carbs water cooled heads comet clutches and wiseco pistons.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by jpuga87
i took both my 85 fl350's out today and it sounds like i blew both tope ends. these motors where just rebuilt 3 rides ago . so heres what happend.. i was just putting around in them for a good 45min and did a couple high speed runs and bamm just stalls and that was it. attempted to restart but no compression whatsoever . second odyssey same story putted around 45 min top speed run down the straight maybe held it for a good 8 seconds and stall and dead but there is still compression but the pull start feels like there is some metal to metal contact in there ?. so anyways how do u guys think this is gonna run me to get these two guys up and running again ?

a few more th9ings worth noting.

weather somewhere in the 90s and terrain sand and gravel really loose stuff. elevation not too sure but i was san bernandino so im guessing sea level or slightly above.

both odyssey have less than 30 hours and both are running bigger carbs water cooled heads comet clutches and wiseco pistons.
Did you have oil mixed with the gas?

Was the exhaust bridge relieved and the cooling holes drilled in the piston when the engine was rebuilt? This is a common mistake thats made and leads to a early demise.

Pictures of the failed parts?

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/CSI.htm

Old 05-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

ill have some pics up in the next few days just a little too pissed off to even take them off the trailer