Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 02-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
2006 Honda Rcon

Default Recon Starter Removal

Its a simple topic and i thought it would be easy to find, but i've searched everywhere and cannot find a detailed way to take off the starter, i have removed the two bolts holding it to the case but it remains solid. Please help
Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider
1987 Honda TRX250X

I have a Honda Service manual and it says to remove the 2 bolts and remove the starter. It must simply need to be persuaded a little. Maybe with a rubber mallet?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

I usually have to use a few taps with a rubber mallet when removing the starter from a honda 300.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

It pulls out backwards - held in place with a rubber 'o'ring -- gently with a mallet or a pry bar and wd40 between it and the crankcase.
Careful with the crankcase - I've seen some really stuck where sea corrosion stuck them tight
Old 07-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Do you think it is an easy job? I have never done anything to a four wheeler. I am a single mother and Im trying to help my son get it off. (hes 12)
Old 07-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
02, 05, 2000, 2007, atv, bolts, electric, find, honda, recon, removal, removalrepairvido, remove, starter, starters