Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register ATV Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendors
Search
Welcome to ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 10-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Honda Fourtrax 300....Pushing Snow?

I was able to ride an atv for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it! The guy told me that ht efourtrax would be good. I'm 15 and am hoping to pick up one from the 90's and push snow with it to help offset the costs-but is that possible it's 4 wheel drive and has 282cc and racks for weight. Is this a good first atv?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider
2001 Honda 250EX
My Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigh95 View Post
I was able to ride an atv for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it! The guy told me that ht efourtrax would be good. I'm 15 and am hoping to pick up one from the 90's and push snow with it to help offset the costs-but is that possible it's 4 wheel drive and has 282cc and racks for weight. Is this a good first atv?

Thanks
Thats a fine first ATV. Alot of people think you have to have a huge, powerful machine to have fun or get any work done.....it most cases they are wrong.

I have a buddy that pushes LOTS of snow for a living.....he uses a 2wd Fourtrax 300 with tire chains and some weight on the racks. Works just fine.....he just has to keep decent momentum up when pushing deeper snow.

Your 4wd Fourtrax will push even more snow, easier.

My personal quad is a 2000 Suzuki 300 King Quad 4x4. Despite the fact Im 6ft4in and 300lbs that 300cc ATV pulls me just fine.....I have just as much fun on the trails as my buddy on this Kawasaki Brute Force. I dont get there was fast.....but I get there. Ive pushed tons of snow with it as well....snow taller then the 4 wheeler. Ive pulled cars out of ditches.....even pushed a stuck forklift out of the mud the other day....those things are heavy.

Put some decent tires on it and keep it serviced and your good to go.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Cool
Old 10-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I plowed with a Suzuki 125 last year...but it was definitely rough.

I'm going to be plowing with a Suzuki 250 2wd this year...and my new 86 350 fourtrax

We don't get a ton of snow down here in lower Michigan. It's really more dependent on your area.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
2001 Honda 250EX
My Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hghgrad View Post
I plowed with a Suzuki 125 last year...but it was definitely rough.

I'm going to be plowing with a Suzuki 250 2wd this year...and my new 86 350 fourtrax

We don't get a ton of snow down here in lower Michigan. It's really more dependent on your area.
This is true, it does depend on where your at. Im in southern Iowa. Even our heaviest snow I can wait till it ends and plow myself out in less than an hour.

There are some places that if your not plowing WHILE its snowing you will never see the light of day unless you got HEAVY equipment.

If your in THOSE areas then your flat screwed with the 2wd wheeler.

If not you'd be surprised what that little machine will push.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I pull a same food plot master, with my 2007 recon 250, it good, sometime I wish I had a bigger 400 or something at times.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Pro Rider
1987 Honda TRX250X

It also depends on the type of snow. Twelve inches of powdery dry snow is easier to plow than 2" of heavy wet stuff.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
250, 300, 300cc, 4wd, atv, conversion, drive, fourtrax, honda, plow, push, recon, snow, trax, wheel